Chapter Eight: Torture and Dismal

It had been around three days since Dawn was captured. Not too long, but considering what the D-Gang did to him, it was enough. They'd beat him for fun or mess with him. They were cruel. Except, Dory. Dawn was rather fond of him since he didn't hurt him and when he was guarding him, he didn't let the others hurt him. But it was still pretty freaking awful.

How it all happened was also quite strange. Dawn was heading into town to check why the truck didn't arrive like it usually does. While he was walking, he heard screams for help and sprinted over to help.

Dawn had arrived in an alleyway, where he saw a boy with black hair and a girl with white sitting on the floor. They seemed scared. Dawn started walking toward them to comfort them, but an arm grabbed from the behind. He felt something press against his lips and nose, making it hard to breathe. He looked back at his captor. It was him. But not him.

After that, Dawn fainted and woke up in a cell. Ever since then, well, what is happening to him was already mentioned.

Dory walks into the room with a plate in hand. Looks like Dory is the one who is guarding Dawn today. Dory opens the cell door and puts the plate in front of Dawn. It had two cookies and a sandwich on it.

"Sorry it isn't much. The others don't like that I'm feeding you well. Please forgive me!" Dory apologizes as he shuts the cell door and sits in front of the cell.

Dawn who was currently sitting in the corner of his cell looked behind him at Dory. He smiles weakly at him before going over to the plate. "No need to apologize. You are only doing what you're told.  I respect you for at least giving me something." Dawn looks down at the food and let's out a sigh. "Besides, I'm used to it. I am at least getting something, so I should be grateful even in the situation I'm in. I thank you for being so kind towards me."

"Of course! I don't like what the others are doing. Not one bit! You guys haven't even attacked us yet! We made a deal to not attack first. But they won't listen!" Dory says, bitterly. "There wasn't any need for anyone to get hurt. There was no need."

"No need to worry. It is not your fault that their actions are so brutal. I believe anyone can be changed if given the chance. You should try to get the group to bond. Maybe that will change their way in thinking." Dawn picks up the cookie and takes a bite out of it. His eyes seem light up for a split second. "I assume either you or Duni made these. Whoever did they are absolutely lovely. Thank you once again for your kindness. It is very much appreciated."

"Maybe that could work... We get along... somewhat. Don hates Dick. Dick hates Dashlie and is in love with Don. Dashlie hates everyone. Ddawn also hates everyone. Duni likes everyone, but he can be mean. And Dommy.... Donmy doesn't like many people either..." Dory explains. However, his voice sounded extremely sad at the last part.

But he quickly becomes happy again. "I'm glad you like the cookies. Duni and I both made them! And I'm glad to help others! I like people and I like helping. Ironic for someone who is meant to be the villain, isn't it?"

Dawn laughs slightly. "Indeed. Though you are meant to be our exact opposites. Cory isn't exactly the nicest person at times. I can definitely see why the others are filled with so much hate, minus Duni. I'm guessing Ddawn is the one who has replaced me. He didn't seem to give me so much of a chance. I wasn't expecting something like that to happen so fast. I do hope he hasn't done anything to my friends."

"No! He can't!" Dory tells quickly. "I mean. He can't until Duni tells him to. But Ddawn... Ddawn seems to do his own thing most of the time. But I- uh... I want to help you.... You're really kind, and I don't want anything bad to happen to your friends. And I want nothing bad to happen to mine so if I help you, please promise me you won't hurt them!"