Chapter Five: Training

Yay! Angst! And ships! :3

The gang had decided that if they were to defeat their clones, they needed to be stronger. They asked for some training equipment which had just came in. The assistants made the backyard a full on training area.

"So," Uni began and brought up his hands. A ghost like figure slowly came up out of the ground, wearing a cute sweater and a camera for a face. He smiled sweetly and waved at Cory.

"That Cory, is your opposite, or what I imagined to be your opposite. I just went off the information on the sheets they gave us back at the school," Uni said sheepishly.

"Now Cory, this ghost has the powers of what your opposite is supposed to have. So by fighting him, you must use your magic and find out how to weaken and defeat him. Can you do that?" Uni asked.

Cory nods in understanding. "Just one question. They didn't list their powers on the file, because they didn't know they had them. Are you sure they'll have the opposite powers as us? And if so, what would the opposite of Wind be?"

Uni thinks for a second before answering. " Well...I don't exactly know. I guess we'll find out soon. "

The fake Dory winks at Cory and dashes towards him. He raises his arms in the air and humongous vines start growing out of the ground.

Cory dashes away from the growing vines. He takes out his bow and arrow and starts shooting his fake clone. He used his wind magic to chase after him anytime he dodged.

Dory knelt down to the ground, putting both hands beside him. The Earth shook and a gigantic stump arose and lifted him up high in the air. He gave Cory yet another sweet smile before pointing at him. Nothing seemed to happen at first but soon enough Cory found tiny vines wrapped around his ankles, trying to ground him. The vines started growing up towards Cory's bow and tried to snatch it out his hand.

Cory tries to keep ahold of his bow. Unfortunately he couldn't keep his balance with the vines keeping his feet in pace. He falls backwards and tries getting the vines off of him. He probably won't be winning this fight anytime soon.

Dory jumps down from his stump and walks over to Cory. He stares at him blankly before giggling. The vines wrap around his body and pin him to the ground.

Uni gasped from the sidelines and clapped his hands. The fake Dory's eyes went wide and he disappeared with a poof. Uni instantly ran over to Cory, making sure he was ok.

Cory's face was a mixture of many emotions. "Welp... I'm definitely going to have to train more."

Cory rubs his ankles and wrists and sighs in anger. He hadn't expected to lose. They don't know how trained they were in their magic, but if it was anything like that, Cory wouldn't stand a chance. And that pissed him off greatly.

Uni sighed and helped him sit up. Once Cory was fine Uni instantly brought him in for a hug.

"You did great Cory. Don't be so hard on yourself."

Cory hugs his boyfriend back. Cory felt a lot happier calling him that. Boyfriend. It sort of rolled off his tongue like second nature. He sighs again but this time happiness.

"Alright," Cory agrees.

Tommy looks away from the scene, not able to look at his crush with someone else.

Uni pulls away from the hug and stands. He grabs Cory's hand and helps him up as well. Uni then looks around at everyone else.

"Who's next then?" He asks.

Tommy turned his head back to Cory and Uni in realization. Maybe if I defeat my opposite Cory would be impressed, Tommy thought.

"I'll go," Tommy says as he steps up with determination.