Chapter Twenty-Four - Prefect

Three girls – acting nervous for the first time in a long time walked down the long halls of Riddle Manor.  Currently Astoria Greengrass was in the middle.  During the last month while living at Pucey Manor, she had changed.  Along with Adriana, her hair had grown longer and fuller.  Her face had become fairer.  Her fingers had become perfect. 

They were met at the doorway by Victoria’s Uncle Rufus.

“Welcome, Astoria, Taylor, and Adriana,” he said with a bow.  “The Dark Lord is expecting you.”

Then, he opened the door and slowly they walked in.

None of the three of them were prepared for the sight before them.  The room was a large hall.  At the end of the hall was a raised dais with a large chair in the middle of it.  On the chair sat regally the Dark Lord.  The sight alone of the Dark Lord was enough to bring them all to their knees.  But they felt absolute terror at the snake that slithered from somewhere on their right and slid past them.  Its body curled around the throne and its head moved even to the Dark Lord.  He petted its head and hissed at it.  Obviously the snake and the Dark Lord were speaking, but no one understood it.

Finally, he looked at the three girls. 

“Victoria has told me so much about the three of you –“ he said.  “She speaks highly of you –“

They remained quiet beneath him. 

“She assures me that the three of you would be willing to serve me –“

Eagerly, first Adriana and then Taylor bow before him.

“Yes, my Lord –“

Astoria looks up but quickly joins in.

“Yes, my Lord –“

“As you are aware –“ the Dark Lord continued, “Victoria wears my mark.  When the school year begins, she will give you instructions you must follow to the letter.  Do so, and I shall mark you also next summer.  Fail me and her, and I will command her to kill you.  Do you understand?”
One after the other, they answered, “Yes, my Lord –“

“Now, you are excused.  Victoria sends her regards, but I am occupying her with things that make it impossible for her to talk with you right now.”

Understanding the dismissal, the three girls stand up and as proudly as they dare can be turn and walk out of the room. 

When the door was shut behind them Victoria blurred back into her girl form.  The Dark Lord also changed into his boyish form.  He caressed the cheek of Victoria.  Victoria’s head arched back at his touch, quickly finding herself lost to him.  He smiled as he looked at her. 

“Whose are you?” he hissed in parseltongue.

“I am yours,” she hissed back in parseltongue.  She told herself as she did so that it was her choice.  She was confident it was her choice.  She had chosen this for now and forever.  She was his.  She belonged to him.  Anything he commanded, she would do.

“You would kill even they for me, Victoria?” he asked her.

“Yes –“ she said with no hesitation or doubt.

“That’s my girl,” he whispered.  “Now, we have a problem with the Greengrass girl.  I want you to take care of it.”

Victoria bowed as he dropped his hand from her cheek.  He smirked as she looked up missing his touch, wanting more of it.  But knowing her Master’s will, she blurred again and then slithered out of the room.

As Victoria feasted at Greengrass Manor, Lucius Malfoy was using the Killing Curse on Cornelius Fudge and Rufus Scrimogeur.  Then, an Imperius from Corban Yaxley had Pius Thickneese firmly under the Dark Lord’s control.