Terms you need to know

Colourism

Discrimination based on skin colour, also known as shadeism, is a form of prejudice or discrimination in which people are treated differently based on the social meanings attached to skin colour. This is not to be confused with Racism, which is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity.

Fat shaming/Anti-Fat Bias

Refers to the prejudicial assumption of personality characteristics based on an assessment of a person as being overweight, obese or just generally has more skin than usual. It is the act of bullying, singling out, discriminating, or making fun of said people. The shaming may be performed under the disguise of helping the person who is overweight/obese realize they need to lose weight or they will die, become ill, and/or never succeed in life or relationships.

Skinny shaming

Since being skinny is put on such high pedestal in society, people often dismiss the fact that skinny people could also be victims of discrimination. Skinny shaming is the act of criticising a person that is termed skinny. Most people are still sceptical that is this a 'thing', but in fact, people who are seen as skinny do receive hateful and vile comments like, "you're too skinny." "You should gain some weight." "Do you eat enough food?" Some people who pass off comments like these are usually unaware that they are causing others to feel uncomfortable in their own skin.