FIVE

Taehyung and Yoongi sat at the edge of the pool after yet another attempt at giving Yoongi swimming lessons. Yoongi had given up again, deciding that he just never wanted to swim again.

He lay down backwards, staring up at the sky, and sighed. He was feeling pretty warm because of the sun but he was pretty sure he wouldn't burn, not after the amount of sunscreen that had been put on him.

He'd put some on before arriving at Taehyung's, hoping to escape Taehyung putting it on him, only to have Taehyung insist on putting some on himself. And Taehyung was very thorough when applying sunscreen.

"Let's go to the beach." Taehyung suggested, looking down at Yoongi. Yoongi shaded his eyes with his hand and frowned at Taehyung.

"I can't swim."

"Yeah, but we don't have to go in the deep part, plus the salt water might help you stay afloat." Yoongi continued to frown at Taehyung before sighing, sitting back up.

"Fine, but only because I don't want all that sunscreen to go to waste and I've got nothing better to do..."

-

Yoongi clung to Taehyung's arm as another wave crashed into him, wondering why he ever thought he could trust Taehyung.

Taehyung was currently making Yoongi go further and further into the water, and the water was getting deeper with every step. Plus, to make matters worse, it wasn't the calmest day at the beach.

"Don't worry, I won't let you drown." Taehyung said in an attempt to comfort Yoongi, which only reminded Yoongi that there was the possibility he could drown.

"Why can't we just go back?" Yoongi asked, jumping again as another wave crashed into him. Taehyung chuckled, wrapping an arm around Yoongi's waist.

"Because you'll never learn to swim if you stay in the shallows."

"I'll never learn to swim if I drown either!" Another wave crashed into the pair, making Yoongi stumble. Taehyung tightened his grip around Yoongi's waist before taking another step, forcing Yoongi to come with him.

"You won't drown."

"You don't know that."

"I'm a lifeguard, I won't let you drown." Yoongi sighed, realising there was no chance he was getting out of this, and clung to Taehyung more tightly.

Taehyung decided they'd gone out deep enough and stood there as the waves continued to crash into them and Yoongi continued to essentially hug him. He smiled, enjoying this more than he really should have.

"You ready to try swimming now?" Taehyung asked, earning a glare from Yoongi. "Come on, just give it a shot. I'll hold on to you."

"I'll drown."

"No you won't.'

"Yes I will." The pair then had a stare down, which Taehyung lost because a wave crashed into them and made him fall over. Yoongi had been watching the waves simultaneously and had seen it coming, so he'd been prepared.

He was in the middle of his celebrations when he realised Taehyung had disappeared. His eyes widened and he looked around, looking for his only means for survival. It wasn't that Yoongi was worried about Taehyung, it was more that he was worried he'd lost his lifeguard, who was supposed to guard his life, hence the name. Taehyung was Yoongi's only way of surviving the dreaded thing that was the ocean, and if he drowned... Well then it was only a matter of time before Yoongi followed.

Something suddenly wrapped around Yoongi's ankle and he felt himself falling. As the water surrounded him, Yoongi slowly began to accept that today was probably not his day and he was probably going to die by drowning, which he'd always suspected would happen.

It took a little while for him to resurface, and by that point Taehyung was gasping for breath... Mainly because he was laughing, not because he'd been drowning. Yoongi quickly caught on to what had happened and decided to just lie limply and played dead.

Taehyung's laughter slowly died and Yoongi felt something slap his cheek. He suppressed as a smile as Taehyung touched his neck and then his wrist.

"Hyung, I know you're alive..." Taehyung said with a huff, but Yoongi continued to play dead. Taehyung stared at him for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine then..."

Yoongi felt something part his lips and then felt Taehyung's lips press against his own. By the time he realised what was happening, it was too late.

"Argh! You idiot!" Yoongi yelled as he pushed Taehyung off of him. "Why'd you kiss me??"

"I was giving you CPR." Taehyung said as Yoongi sat up. "You almost drowned, apparently."

"That's because you thought it'd be funny to pull me under the water!" Taehyung shrugged.

"You didn't drown." Yoongi continued to glare at him.

"That's besides the point! I could've drowned."

"But you didn't. Shouldn't you be thanking me or something? I've saved your life so many times."

"Oh, I'll thank you. How does a kiss sound?" Taehyung shrugged again. "Good, because my fist is dying to kiss your lips."

And then Yoongi punched Taehyung in the face.

-

-

-