Prologue - Part 1 "The Pain"

Niall's Story - No POV

He's an Irish lad. Not too happy with his life and doesn't know what to do with it. He is short, dirty blond, blue eyes. Basic info about him. His name is Niall Horan, and this is the story of how his whole life changed. Just by one single person.

5:44 am. Niall woke up with a pain in his neck. Maybe it was the nervousness he was having because in a few hours he would have to go to a new school.

"Niall! WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU UNGRATEFUL PILE OF HORSE SHIT!!" His father yelled in his room.

Niall whimpered and shook violently at his father sudden rage.

Niall always hated his father. Ever since he hit Niall for the first time when he was 9 for being disobedient and not listening at him.

Niall wasn't..... Confident.... The opposite actually. You can probably tell from his reaction to his father's words.

"I wish this hell just ends...." Niall whispers under his breath.

His father left to go downstairs.

He gets up from his almost broken wooden bed that was probably over 10 years old. Niall was 16 so he couldn't move out if he wanted to. Running away is out of the question since he knows he has no one left since his mother died from cancer 3 years ago. He also knew that his father would look for him no matter what because Niall was his 'punching bag'.

Niall walks to the bathroom which is right next to his bedroom. Luckily he lived in the 2nd floor and his father was always on the 1st floor either watching soccer or drinking.

He looks in the mirror which had a large crack on it since the time his face was slammed against it when he talked back to his dad.

Looking at himself. Niall thought he was a different person. He had this amazing Crystal Blue eyes and a wide pearly white award winning smile but now he looks very different, he was pale, almost lifeless blue eyes. Bruises all over his body.

Niall touched his face, flinching since the bruises were recent. He felt like complete and utter shit.

He washed his face, brushed his teeth. Remembering his time in his hometown, Mullingar, Ireland. They moved to Wolverhampton to try to fix his fathers addiction to drinking but to no avail. His aunt payed for the trip but swore that she will not help them after that.

After Niall was done with 'freshing up' as much as he can. He moved to his wardrobe where he found 4 shirts, 5 pants and an old Nike pair of black shoes. He quickly grabbed the red long sleeved shirt, trying to hide his bruises. He put on black jeans and grabbed his notebook and pen which was the only thing new since it was really cheap. Yes, Niall had money but only a small amount from his mothers will.

Niall quickly ran to the front door trying to not grab the attention of his father. He felt the spring morning breeze and the bright sunlight hitting his face and making him block his face with his arm. He knew that this new school was not far away from where he lived so might as well walk, right?

Niall saw the school and damn was it big. Since he lived in a small town there was always small schools, so this was a surprise to Niall.

While walking he saw a curly haired lad with almost cream colored skin talking, almost flirting with a boy with brown hair and kinda playing around with him. He quickly dismisses it since he is gay, himself.

He walked passed the school pool. Seeing a stunning boy with a speedo getting ready to dive into the ocean like pool.

Niall was eyeing him a bit but not to much that people would notice.

"Damn, what a cute boy" Niall whispered

"You like what you see?" A voice appeared out of nowhere.

It was the curly boy Niall saw earlier.

"Um-Wh-Wait-Uhh-No-I mean" Niall stutters but the curly boy just smiles and pats his back.

"No worries mate. He's pretty cute but I have my eyes on someone else" He says eyeing the brown haired boy from before.

"Hey look what we got here, boys. Looks like a bunch of FAGGOTS" A guy said with his friends. They were wearing jerseys.

'They must be homophobic jocks' Niall thinks.

Niall and curly back up against the wall and beg that they don't beat us up.

"Let's go mates. We don't wanna catch the gay" One guy in the group says making the rest snort and laugh as they walk away.

"Who was that?" Niall says

"Callum Hood and his pose" curly says.

"Oh yea I forgot to ask you your name." Niall says.

"It's Harry. Harry Styles, nice to meet you and yours?."

"Oh yea. My name is Niall Hor-"

His voice was cut short when he felt a fist connecting to his face right when he was about to introduce himself. Niall fell and Harry yelled "WHAT THE FUCK----" he couldn't hear the name because his vision began to fade.

He felt blood running down his nose before he passed out.

------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE: HEYLOOO. It's me again. I know this is a bit clichè and weird but hey what can YA do. The next time I'm gonna post is next Tuesday or sooner maybe with part 2 of the prologue and with LIAMS SIDE!!!! exciting shit right here. This chapter/prologue dedicated to my best friend: Jessica. She is kinda the reason I love One Direction. Sooooo yeaaaa. SEEE YOU ALL NEXT TUESDAY!!!!

PS. BEYONCE IS GOD AND WILL ALWAYS BE GOD. *Preaches*