Chapter 19

Present Day

"Yeah, I know. That was plan B." I smiled and readied my weapon. "Get ready to see plan A."

"Do not attempt at escape! We have you surrounded!" shouted someone over a PA system.

"You can do this Mini, I know you can." Beta whispered.

"Thanks Beta," I replied and held my weapon down.

"Okay I surrender," I said.

"Somebody moved in, and when they were close enough, I hit them with the butt of my rifle. He fell back, holding his head.

"You said you were surrendering!" shouted the voice again.

"I was lying," I rolled my eyes.

"Open fire!" he shouted and dozens of rounds came directly at me. I did the only thing I could. Armor lock-up. I ducked down and activated my armor lock-up, only a few bullets hitting my armor. They stopped firing, and started closing in, just what I wanted.

I only had a few seconds left and then I had to release from the armor lock-up. I released and shocked everone within range. I laughed as I jumped up and shot mulitple soldiers. I half wished that North was here so we could do our maneuver we created so many years ago.

I hit the ground with a huge thump and then shot the few in my field of vision. Suddenly, a voice came over the PA system. A voice I recognized.

"Minnesota stop firing and stand down! I will personally make sure that they do nothing to you."

I tried to place the voice, I almost got hit from behind thinking about the voice, but I ducked in time. I jutted out my right leg and brought it around front knocking the attackee down onto the ground.

I shot a few more men in my path when the same voice came over the PA.

"Stand down, Agent Minnesota!"

I placed the voice as soo as he said Agent. To those of you thinking it's the Councilor or the The Director, well you guessed incorrectly. It was The Chairman of the UNSC.

"Yes, because I am just going to stand down and let you take my equipment and AI. Not going to happen, I apolo-" and this time my sences didn't alert me and somebody jabbed some sort of shock stick into my neck. I was down and out instantly.

I woke up in a jail cell. I muttered a curse word and shook my head. Beta wasn't there, I immediately knew, because I felt odd and there wasn't another voice in my head.

I paced the jail cell like a wild animal. I didn't have Beta which didn't do anybody any good. I hit the walls with destructive force, I was so angry.

I assumed they were scared of me, as when they delivered food, it was delivered through a slot in the wall. I didn't dare touch it, for all I knew it could be drugged.

I stopped pacing and sat in the middle of the floor, cross legged, and I just stayed, staring straight ahead until two heavily armored guards came to get me.

I went with them willingly, not wanting to be locked up any longer.

I was put into a giant room with a screen that had a giant figure on it.

"Agent Minnesota," said The Chairmen once the door were shut behind me.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"You know why you are here, correct?" he asked.

"Describe here," I said.

"In this room," he explained.

"Do you want the long version or the short version?" I asked.