Chapter 17

Present Day, Not Far From The Ancient Alien Temples

I drove until sunset. When sunset finally did arrive, I stopped where I was, which was in the middle of no where. Whatever, I've survived dead space for almost two hours with little air supply. I can handle one night without shelter and stuff like that, it wont hurt.

I start to wind down for the night, successfully lighting a fire. I sat there next to the fire, watching the sun dissapear. When the sun was finally gone, I laid my head down on the cold ground and shut my eyes. I finally thought I was going to get some sleep when a bullet whizzed by my head.

I jumped to my feet, grabbed my gun and looked around for who shot the bullet. I saw no one at first, but a voice from behind startled me.

"Hello, Minnesota."

I turned around cautiously, to Agent Colorado. "Agent Colorado, long time no see." I replied. He looked at my weapon and I cautiously dropped it.

"Same goes for you," he retorted.

"What brings you here, to the middle of no where?" I asked.

"Buisness," he glared at me.

"Come looking for AI? They're all gone," I told him.

"I know that." He snapped. "Minnesota, for as long as I can remember, I have been that guy that everyone counts on. That guy that everyone thinks can't keep up with them or that they're better than him. The new guy, and Minnesota, I've been through alot more than you can imagine."

"I have nothing that you need," I told him.

"That's what you think. You know where Carolina is," he still didn't lower his weapon.

"What do you want from Carolina?" I asked him.

"Carolina was the source of the whole program, the one who pushed us to the max and kept us together, and then we all turned on each other. So wouldn't it only be logic that it's her fault? She was always so hard on us, why can't you see that?" he explained to me.

"Carolina?! Are you fucking crazy? Co, this is all his fault! This is all The Directors fault! What's happened to you?" I shouted at him.

"Don't make me shoot you, Minnesota, now tell me where she is." he told me sternly.

"Kill me Co, I dare you." I hissed.

"Fine by me," he replied to me, and shot me in the stomach.

I fell to the ground, holding my stomach in pain. I could hear my distress beacon go off, and I can still hear the fire cracking next to me. I feel co rip my helmet off my head to access my logs. Even in these dying moments, I laughed at him. I rarely had anything ever stored in my logs. He threw my helmet down in frustration and left on my motercycle. I activated my med pack, and reached for my helmet. I immediately felt some pain relief after activating the med pack. I noticed my blod on my hands and moaned, that meant I lost some blood. I just prayed for a recovery agent to come to my aid.

I eventually fell asleep, I have no idea how either. I was able to get up, holding one hand over my stomach in pain, the other holding my helmet. I looked for any sign of anyone and started walking.

I had my jaw clenched while I walked, the pain still pretty big in my stomach. I activated another med pack, mostly for the pain killers. I walked for over an hour before I got tired. I sat down to take a break and beconed Beta out.

"Hey Beta, what have you been doing while I'm out?" I asked him.

"I've been powered down, just as you told me to before you passed out. I was confident that you'd wake up soon enough." he replied.