Chapter 2- Where You Belong

Not happening, kid...

Izuku snapped back into reality as he heard the loud honk of a car in front of him. He had stopped in the middle of the crosswalk, and the cars waiting weren't having it. He quickly scrambled to the safety of the sidewalk. His eyes were heavy with haze and sorrow. He was thinking about that day again. He sighed with frustration. He told himself he'd stop thinking about that day. 

It'd been all too long since he quit his dream of becoming a doctor. It'll be one month tomorrow. The days crept by painfully slow as he stayed at home and buried himself in his own self-pity. His mother was sympathetic, she told him she didn't care, though Midoriya knew that she was upset, only putting on a brave face for her boy. He heard her crying the night he told her. He quit his medical school and was currently going nowhere. Doing nothing, worthless as he was born to be. Pathetic. Ever since then he had been half-heartedly looking for a new interest to pursue, a new school to go to, some use he could make out of his living. He was starting to think that there wasn't anything he could do. He was trying, he really was, but-

Not trying hard enough.

He sighed in frustration, staring down at his feet as he walked. His shoes hit the floor with a gentle pitter-patter pattern as they became the only sound he heard. He was thankful, hearing the voice of a human would surely make him go insane. It seemed as though anything someone had to say about him was negative. And rightfully so. He had decided to go on a walk to clear his head, he seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. It never quite worked, his head was full of and found himself, instead, wandering to the same place he had been when he last saw Kacchan. No reason in particular, really. He just seemed drawn to it. He still remembered every detail of that day. The position of the sun. The number of people in the streets. Everything.  

"Just give up. You're not going to fit in. Anywhere."

He recalled his words with a flinched. He was still angry. No, not angry. Angry did his feelings no justice. He was infuriated. So, so, infuriated. He felt like he needed revenge. Not just on Kacchan- but on the dark, cruel world. On All Might, for what he said to him all those months ago. On his mother, for never truly supporting him. On himself, for being born the pathetic quirkless loser he was. On everyone 

The world had done him wrong just by existing and it really pissed him off. It was so uncharacteristic of him. He usually blamed himself for everything that happened to him. He was usually so timid and shy and kind. Now he would often snap at his mother and lock himself in his room and scream and cry, cry less but still cry, and then scream some more and occasionally break something. There was too much anger to fix in his small body. 

Izuku Midoriya.

Once the most kind, gentle, soul. One who would walk on eggshells just to avoid saying the wrong thing. One who always smiles and says he's okay just to make those around him feel better. The one who sacrifices his happiness for everybody. The one who gets trampled on and thrown to the side. 

Izuku Midoriya. 

Now a fiery enrage soul. One who has more anger than he knows what to do with. One who frowns more often than not. One who screams and shouts at his own mother. One who spend the majority of his day in his bed, looking out the window at happy people walking by and wishing they were as miserable as him. The one who shoves anyone and everyone to the side and doesn't care who he hurts. 

Izuku Midoriya. 

The once who has and always will be the most worthless kid on the planet.