Chapter 1- All Whats Missed

A/N (7/8/21)- Hey guys. I just wanted to say three things. One, I wrote this book when I was 12, or somewhere around there- I'm 15 now, it's been over 3 years. This book is not representative of my writing now, just keep that in mind while reading.
And two, this is a MANGA SPOILER-FREE BOOK. Do NOT comment manga spoilers EVEN with a warning beforehand. There will not be any manga spoilers in this book and as a result, some things are made up and proved not to be canon in the manga, or season four/five. I wrote this when season 3 had come out and nothing more, so anything beyond that point will not be included in this story. 
And third, trigger warning for strong language, gore, a lot of violence, death, bullying, a lot of intense scenes. Read at your own risk 
Sorry for the long text- enjoy!

"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even without a quirk?"

Izuku was suddenly there all over again- standing on the top of a building, a light breeze brushing against his pale skin. All Might- his biggest inspiration- stood in front of him, a serious look on his skelton-like face. The boy held his breath, waiting for an answer. There was a tense silence that stretched out before them, a silence that said something. It formed words, breaking itself and the world around him into pieces.

"Without a quirk...? Not happening, kid."

All Might's words crashed down on him like a thousand tons of regrets and disappointments. Everything he had done, and everything he had yet to do, weighed down on him.

Not happening, kid...

Not happening.. 

Izuku felt like he was sinking and floating at the same time, like his life was being torn into to. Like his whole life was a lie. His whole being revolved around being a hero, even without a quirk. Out of everyone, he thought All Might would understand that. His dreams were fading away, and with that, the core of who he was. 

Not happening-

"Midoriya!" Hissed a stern voice that snapped him back into reality. It was his teacher, Mr.Reo. He was in class. 

"S-sorry," Izuku muttered.

He must've been daydreaming again. About that day... He shook his head to clear it, his eyes glistening from the sharp lighting in the classroom.

He wasn't going to think about that day again. It was a real eye-opener for Midoriya. He couldn't become a hero. He couldn't be like All Might. What did he except, really? He was a quirkless loser. Just like Kacchan had told him many times before. He was rude, but right. He was quirkless. He was a loser. He couldn't take care of himself like he wished he could. Nothing could change the fact that he didn't have a quirk. Even if the pro-hero had said he could be a hero, it wouldn't happen. He sighed heavily. He was okay with that. He forced himself to be. What else could he do?

He tried to pay attention as Mr. Reo kept talking. After giving up his hopes on being a hero, he had aspired to be a doctor- because that way, at least he could still save lives, right? So he went to a school that had medical terminology classes. He had just started his second year of highschool. His rejection from All Might was long ago, back at the end of middle school. So he tried to get over it. He worked hard... He tried to. He really did try. Izuku would stay up late studying all he could and wake up early to study some more before leaving early to school. But when it came down to it, his grades weren't the best, and his heart wasn't init. 

Eventually, the bell rang and the student began to file out of the room, with Midoriya in the back of the crowd. He was about to leave, too, when his teacher called him over to his desk wearing an unhappy face.