He didn't mean to. It was a mistake, a stupid decision, that got him locked up. Nico had used him, had thrown him under the bus to save his own ass. All Camron wanted was to make a little money on the side so he could keep a roof over his girls' heads. He wanted to provide for his family, he wanted to do what his own father never could. He wanted to be a good father, that's all.

"We're supposed to be a family, Becca."

It was quiet except for the sounds of a potential thunderstorm happening. As rain pelted their windows and thunder roared outside, Camron and Rebecca stood in silence as they stared at one another. Neither one wanting to move and neither willing to make a sound.

A loud rumbling of thunder shook the tiny apartment, the flash of lightning could be seen through the window. Camron jumped, balling his fist at his sides as an attempt to keep himself calm. He hated thunderstorms.

"I'm having this baby," Rebecca was the first to speak up. She figured that talking would distract him from the storm, despite the topic. "I'm keeping my baby, Camron. We're gonna raise this baby."

"We're gonna raise this baby?" He didn't mean to sound so hopeful. If she wanted to try to work things out, he would jump at the opportunity. He would love that baby as his own, and she knew that.

"Matthew and I..," she clarified, her heart twisting as she watched his face drop. "We're getting married, Camron."

Another roll of thunder, but Camron didn't flinch this time. His gaze didn't leave Rebecca's face as he tried to wrap his head around the newest developments. Scrunching his forehead, there was only one question that weighed heavy.

"Were--," he paused, raising a hand and closing his eyes for a moment. Saying it out loud was a lot harder than just thinking it, but he needed to know. Opening his eyes, he kept them on hers; he knew her like that back of his hand and if she lied, he'd know just by looking into her eyes. "Were you fucking him before? Were you two...? Before I went away?"

Rebecca looked down, swallowing the lump in her throat. Instantly, she wrapped her arms around herself as she avoided his gaze. She felt dirty; she felt disgusting. She hated herself for hurting him the way she was.

"Were you fucking before I went away?" Camron's voice was louder, booming over the thunder. Dipping his head, he tried to catch her eyes but failed. "That's... fuck you. Fuck you, Becca."

She stayed silent, turning her body away from him. She wouldn't defend herself, she had no right to.

"You should go," she whispered, already making her way out of the living room and down the short hallway that led to their bedroom—her bedroom.

He was dumbfounded. The entire time, she was sleeping with Matthew behind his back. He'd been beating himself up about it and blaming himself when it'd been going on since before he'd ever gotten into trouble. That hurt him more than the idea of his girl and his best friend finding comfort in one another while he was gone. When, in reality, him getting locked up was a way for them to be together without having him in the way.

Blinking, he watched as Rebecca's silhouette disappeared into the dark bedroom before closing the door behind her. He heard the click of the lock.

Camron glanced around the apartment, his mind racing as he tried to make sense of what had just happened. His heart was heavy, the mixture of emotions running wild as his heart pounded. He felt defeated; it was as if someone had used his chest as a punching bag.

Grabbing his keys from where he tossed them onto the recliner next to him, he made his way to the front door of the apartment. With one more glance, vision blurry from the tears he fought to hold back, Camron opened the door and stepped outside into the dimly lit hallway. Closing the door behind him, careful not to slam the door in hopes of not waking Adelina who had somehow slept through their argument.