Holy fuck dude—how long does it take to throw a senbon?!

But because Katsu had decided to take his sweet time preparing to get the answers to Ryuu, he would now have to wait even longer. If he threw that senbon now, he would only be caught by that irritating chunin.

While the opportunity to rub it in Katsu's face that it had been his fault we failed and not mine, I wasn't too keen on failing. Not to mention the fact I would be stuck with those two idiots till the next chunin exams, and those weren't for another six months since they only occurred twice a year.

Katsu's wrist recoiled as he prepared to throw the senbon. I needed to do something fast. Something, just anything to get that Chunin's interests somewhere else. There were only a limited amount of things I could do to create a diversion. In any ordinary situation I could just scream or throw something at the dude, but that would defeat the purpose of creating the distraction.

What was the one thing I could do that would not get me kicked out, but would definitely cause someone to look over?

Grimacing at what I was about to do, I took a deep breath, before letting out a massive wheeze.

To put it simply, it was the most horrible noise I had heard in my entire life. It was like a thousand ducks had been stepped on at the same time, and that noise was coming from my throat.

The things I do for my team. I should really be appreciated more.

Just about every head turned in my direction. And when I say every head, I mean it. Some were staring at me with a raised brow, some looked horrified, and some just looked plain concerned for my health.

I was concerned for my health too, but more so my mental health.

I waved my hand in front of my face, grinning. "Maa, just a tickle in my throat. Sorry!"

Ibiki glared at me, eyebrows twitching scrutinizingly. Obviously he didn't believe that the horrific noise that left my throat was a mere wheeze. But he didn't exactly have any evidence to convict me of having an ulterior motive. I had coughed. Nothing more to it.

"Alright, as you were. Or you'll be disqualified for cheating."

Everyone turned back to face their respective test. I relaxed in my chair, wiping the sickly sweet smile off my face. That was one of the fakest things I had ever had to do in my life. Who knew acting so innocent could make someone feel so repulsive.

I looked down to Katsu and noticed the absence of the senbon in his hand. All it took was a quick glance in Ryuu's direction to confirm my suspicions. The silver haired boy was twirling a senbon of his own between his fingers, the thin piece of metal reflecting in the sunlight.

I smirked. Maybe my quick thinking did actually pay off.

At least I had the satisfaction of knowing our team was in the clear. I had no doubt in my mind that Katsu's answers were correct, which meant that my test and Ryuu's were going to be correct as well.

I rested my chin in my hand, blowing on the dark bangs that fell in my face.

All I had to do now was wait.