It was all about vines

What the title says
And if you get the references that aren't from vines then comment it ;)
Also I think this was just something to get me back into the writing zone?

No proof reading too! We go down like the gays we are!

(THIS IS NOT CANNON TO THE STORY)

------------------

3rd POV

"Are you seriously going to do this?"

   "Obviously, why wouldn't I do it?" "You can hurt us both you idiot" "I am a hundred percent sure we won't get hurt" Chara groaned but stayed anyway to watch Cross make a fool of himself.

  After contemplating to himself if he would risk his life or not, Cross opened the doors to the throne room and walked up to Nightmare. "What is it this time Cross?" Nightmare asked with a sigh while adjusting his posture. "I've just found out about the greatest thing in the multiverse, it's called, --'Vines'." Cross exclaimed with a dramatic pause before saying vines because it's Cross, why wouldn't he do that?

"'Vines'???" The tentacle monster said unimpressed.

  "Yes, 'Viness'" He replied, dragging out the s. "Come with me and I shall demonstrate them." "I'm no-" And then a portal opened below him. While Cross landed gracefully, Nightmare was just- ehhHh?

"HAH! THAT'S HOW IT FEELS!"

  Chara screamed while pointing at Nightmare. Nightmare on the other hand, was glaring daggers at Cross. Cross ignored him and instead looked at Chara who was just smirking and quietly said 'I'm just a big fan of the sport' before disappearing again.

  "This better be worth it." "It is-" "Prove it then" "I will."

  Cross guided the other to the town of the au. From the look of it, Cross had brought him to Underfell. "Why are we-" "Here we are!" Nightmare groaned as he looked up, Cross had brought him to Grillby's. The goop covered skeleton was starting to grow annoyed, though from the look of it, he already was. "After you-" Cross started to open the door, but before he could fully open it, the other had already created a portal to his castle. "I'm leaving." He said simply.

 Out of a panic, Cross grabbed the other's hand and quickly dragged him into the pub. He pulled his hand away. "I said-" He started to walk to the exit until the black and white dressed skeleton suddenly stopped right in front of him, looking at him intently. "Please" Nightmare widened his eye as his face flushed with teal. He could see the other's features clearly with how close he was to him. He quickly pushed him away to hide his own face. "Fine." Cross silently cheered and led the other to the bar counter and sat down.

  "Watch this." Cross told him with a grin. He lifted his hand up with a glow of magic, putting up a sign saying "free booze, jump over the counter and grab one" Immediately, a monster did exactly that and started to drink directly from the bottle. "Ayo! We're ready to order!" Cross yelled out, alerting the fire monster in the back. He sighed, walking out of the room, only to see the monster that was drinking the booze. Grillby growled as he pushed the monster down. "What are you doing?!" He screamed, receiving a middle finger from the still drinking monster. This was when a full on fight between the two started.

  The black and white skeleton got up and cleared his throat. He then cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled; "Can I get a waffle!?" There was a bang as the monster got slammed on the counter. "CAN I PLEASE GET A WAFFLE?!" He finished off with a mix of his voice and Chara's during the 'please', not even noticing the transparent human had came back in the middle of his shenanigans until that single moment. Nightmare stared at him, confused on what he just did.

Cross looked back at him with a grin. "Wasn't that great?" 

"If you're intention was to entertain me then you failed."

"Aww but that was one of the funnier ones!"

"I still have no idea what you're talking about."

"Hmm, what about-"

  Cross jumped in his chair when another monster had called out to him. "perFECT!" Cross had screamed, summoning his giant knife. He got off his chair, widening his stance. Nightmare saw this and grimaced, deciding he won't let Cross embarrass him anymore. So he got up too, only to grab the other and teleport them outside before he would do anything stupid. This time, it was Cross who was the one who lost balance and fell face first onto the snow. He groaned as he got up from the snow and looked up at the other.

  "Maybe give a little warning next time?"

  "Says the one who did the exact same thing to me."

  "Touché."

  He started to get up, only to see a hand nearing him. He looked back up to see that the hand had belonged to Nightmare. The two stared at each other for a few seconds, each blushing their respective colors. 

"Nightmar-"

"Tch, just take my hand before I regret it."

  Cross looked back at the other's hand, taking it within his own. Nightmare easily brought him back up to his feet, looking away when he noticed how much his face was burning. The two stayed there for a while in an awkward silence, both not knowing what to do next. 

  "Uhm-" Cross started. "Nightmare?"

  "Y-yeah?" Squit. He hadn't meant to stutter. He wasn't even sure why he helped him up in the first place. Cross was also visibly confused but continued on.

  "You can uh- let go of my hand now."

  Both of them looked down at their hands after that, Nightmare quickly yanking his hand away in embarrassment.  "So uh-" Cross pointed to a sign, making the other look up.

"'Road work ahead?'"

"Uh yeah, I sure hope it does."

  Silence.

  And then? Whats this?

  Quiet laughter started to be heard. Cross looked at Nightmare to see that it had been him laughing. The other smiled brightly, happy that he accomplished making the other laugh. Nightmare suddenly realized what he was doing and stopped. He awkwardly cleared his throat and started walking.  

  "Let's go." Nightmare said, walking into a portal he just created.

  Cross just stared at the other with a small smile, finally moving when he thought about how weird it was. 

  "Want to do this again someday?"

  ...

  "Yeah sure."

-----------

Wooooo 1024 words! It feels nice being back ^^

Sorry that this took so long, I'm a real bad procrastinator.

I don't have an actual update schedule so uh

I'm not entirely sure when the next chapter is gonna come out 

But you guys commenting and voting really motivated me to finish this!

(also reminded me cause i have the worst memory)

Thank you to everyone who voted, commented or even just read this story!

You all mean so much to me <3