Castiel & Dean Winchester

A/N: Okay so I'm sorry for the cliffhanger (not really) but I really wanted to get this chapter out so I'm sorry if this seems a little rushed, but this one is going to be longer than most. The book/story is a lot slower paced than I anticipated and I'm trying to get it back on schedule! Love you all!

~~~~~~~~~

I stand there, staring at Dean for nearly a minute before I notice Benjamin standing behind him with a camera. Looking around, I find the rest of the Go-Pros and cameras but ignore them knowing that the video will be cut and edited to certain parts. My main concern is the golden dog laid gently at his feet staring up at me with large, brown eyes. While looking it over, I notice the bright orange vest strapped around its torso with thick, silver letters across it.

"Okay. Listen. Before you get mad and storm off, hear me out at least," Dean says, his own eyes looking at me almost as wide as the dog. I raise an eyebrow at the boy in front of me and wait for his explanation, although I'm certain I know what he's going to say. He pauses for a minute to swallow, as though he's more nervous than I am.

"So I know that I should have told you what I was doing... but I wanted to surprise you. Gabriel tried his best not to tell me, but I managed to get him too. I don't know the full extent of the story, only that certain things from your past is hard for you to talk about. I understand," he stops again, unsure if I'm going to leave or not and to be honest, I don't know if I am either.

When I don't move, he continues, "I don't care if you decide to tell me or not, I just want you to feel comfortable. It's not fair that you are nervous around me and I know there isn't a lot that I can do to stop it, but if this helps, then I'm willing to try it as long as you want too. And if this doesn't work, we'll find something that does, I promise. I want you to be safe and I'm sorry that I caused you so much-" Before he can finish his words, I find myself burrowed into his chest and my arms pulling him into a tight hug. It takes him a few moments before he hugs back, but when he does, I don't think he'll ever let go.

"Thank you," I whisper, trying to contain the tears that threaten to spill down my face. My forehead is pressed so tightly to his chest, I can feel his racing heartbeat. I was so scared that he might stop talking to me or ask me to move out. I wasn't ready to give up on him yet. I was finally comfortable around another person and the thought of losing that was terrifying. Every bottled up emotion seems to spill out of me while I stand stuck in Dean's arms.

"Goddamnit Cas. I-... I-..." he sputters, unable to release the words stuck in the back of his throat. His body tightens as he tries to release his breath. Finally, he gets them out, "I just want you to be safe. Cas... you're... family." I can hear his sigh and the tension is gone from his body. Unwrapping my arms from his torso, I pull away from him and stare down at the dog near his feet with squinting eyes.

"What did you name her?" I ask, reaching down to pet the soft animal. Dean stoops down beside me and shows me the tag around her neck.

Castiel & Dean Winchester

666 Gay St. Lebanon, Kansas.

"HoneyBee"

"Castiel and Dean Winchester?" I question reading off the tag. His flushes a red before he can regain his ability to speak. I've never seen him so flustered before.

"Yeah... it was easier on the paperwork to just write one name instead of two."

"I wasn't talking about that. I was going to say, why not Novak?" I smile, watching his face get even redder. "I mean you could've taken my last name."

"I-um. I-"

I laugh, "I'm just kidding. It's fine."

I grin at the name that I read across her golden tag as Dean takes a seat on the floor next to her, his face still stained pink. He slowly runs a hand over her fur and repeats as he reaches the start of the vest. "I wanted to give her a name that you'd like, but also something that I could remember. Benny helped me pick her out since he knows the owner, they let him have full access to all the rooms. She's a two-year-old golden retriever certified for anxiety, panic attacks, and PTSD symptoms. We'll get to take her home today, but we'll have to come back every other day until you're comfortable with commands."