Well That Didn't Go As Expected

"I'm fine Lucifer! Stop! Dude, I'm fine!" I hiss as he continues to drag me through the house. I finally break myself from his grasp and rub my wrist. He gives me the same look that you'd give a sick puppy. "I told you. I'm fine."

"I'm not an idiot Castiel. I know that you still blame yourself. It's not your fault," he tries to change my mind but I'm not so easily fooled.

I glare at him, "Really? I'm not a kid. I'm fine." Despite my hopes, he doesn't believe me.

"Castiel stop. I know you aren't. I've seen your hands when people offer to drive. I know that's the reason you still don't drink. You can't undress in front of people because of those two scars running down your back. For Hell's sake, I've watched the way you avoid every chance of someone giving you an ounce of affection." I clench my jaw and stare at my older brother. Why did it have to be Lucifer? 'I can lie to Gabriel and Micheal but Lucifer?' "Castiel. You were sixteen. It wasn't your fault."

"Lucifer stop!" I shout. "You and I both know that's not true!" He pauses at my change in voice. 'They don't have to lie to me. I'm sick of being treated like a kid.'

"Cast-"

"I said enough. Let's just go play a game. Please. I don't want to be treated like a broken child anymore. I'm done talking Lucifer," I plead. I watch as his gaze softens. He's never been able to deal with sorrow.

He sighs deeply, rubbing his temples, "Fine. But the minute I see your hands... I'm not going to give this up as easily. Eventually, Micheal, Gabe, and I aren't going to be here when you have an attack. You need to tell Dean soon. I don't want to see you in the hospital again."

~~~

"Hey, Cas! I put MarioKart 8 in! Come play with us!" Dean shouts from the center of the living room staring over at me. For the past hour, I've pretty much said nothing. And everyone knows why. Except for Dean and Gilda. And for the time being, its gonna stay that way. I'm just glad Gilda hasn't said anything.

"I don't know..."

Charlie butts in and says, "C'mon Castiel. I know you're a beast at all the Nintendo games!"

"Really?" Dean asks, already handing me the remote. I accept it quietly and shrug while taking a seat next to him and her.

"Oh, bullshit. Castiel is a god at them. He's beat me every time we've ever played!"

"I've got to see this for myself. Sammy was never much competition," Dean chuckles which lands him with a pillow to the face from his younger brother.

"That's just because you never let me play!" he whines like an overgrown puppy. Although I don't like Gilda, I adore Sam. He's perfect for Gabe and I can trust him to keep the trickster in line. He's like a second brother even though they aren't married.

"Okay let's start already," Gabe pouts. Dean shrugs and hits the play button. He chooses Mario, Gabe chooses Luigi, Charlie chooses Rosalina, which leave me with the only other unlocked player so far. Princess Peach. 'Of fucking course. I bet they planned this.'

"You're so cute Cassie!" Gabriel smiles from next to Charlie. 'He definitely planned this. Asshole.' I end up just sticking my tongue out at him.

"I was gonna go easy on you but now I'm going beat your ass," I taunt choosing the standard bike with the red star wheels. Everyone else is checking stats and handling but I know that doesn't matter. The trick is to know what's going on in game. The bikes are always better anyways.

Gabe and Dean smirk but Charlie knows what's up and chooses a bike with different wheels so it doesn't look like she's copying me. After they all choose their rides, I look them over. Dean picked the standard car with slick wheels and Gabe choose Bowser's Ship. He's coming in last. I'm calling it. Dean chooses the standard course with Mario Stadium. It's too bad that I've memorized this course already.