Chapter 9

Kyra's P.O.V.

"So here's the deal." Amy said as soon as I walked into the disgusting basement bathroom. "Logan's onto us, and I'm pretty sure he followed me down here..."

I looked at her uneasily not sure how she wanted me to respond. Does this mean the deal's off? Do I still get paid?

There were plenty of questions that I wanted to ask, but honestly I was almost afraid to.

Usually I'm not so uncomfortable around people, but there's just something about Amy that makes me a little nervous.

Maybe popularity really is intimidating to me, I just never really had the opportunity to expose myself to it, so I thought I was completely immune. Except it's not like this with anyone else, not even Logan. Especially not with Logan.

"Ok?" Amy finished, obviously I just missed out on hearing a whole plan, and she's gonna be pissed that I wasn't paying attention.

"Uh, could you repeat that?" I smiled sheepishly.

"Ugh." Amy sighed, exasperated. Sheesh, she's so dramatic sometimes. "Well I'm assuming Logan's waiting around to see if we both leave together. So we're going to walk out of the bathroom at the same time, but I'm gonna be all bitchy to you. I'll turn left, and you'll turn right."

"Why do I have to turn right?" I asked curiously.

"Well we can't turn the same way Kyra, duh. Plus, you have AP Calc next and you need to go right to get there anyway." Amy explained while hopping off the counter and pulling down her -very short- skirt.

"Oh yeah, and Kyra? I'm coming over today." She shot me a dazzling I'm-Queen-Of-The-World smile and pushed past me towards the door.

Logan's P.O.V.

I knew that Amy was up to something! That girl didn't just show up at our house party for no reason, Amy had put her up to it. I wonder what was in it for the girl. Knowing Amy, she probably just promised the girl that she would be able to date me and that was enough.

Well I mean, not to be completely cocky but I guess I'm enough of a prize for an unpopular girl like her.

But if she was so into me, why would she act so rudely towards me? Maybe I'm wrong then...

"Watch where you're going, bitch." Amy snarled loudly pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see her staring challengingly into none other but the girl's eyes. Jeez, what's with the attitude?

"I don't know who you think you are but you better calm down and go." The girl said evenly, with her arms crossed.

Amy, like me, looked a little surprised for a moment. No one, and I mean no one stands up to Amy like that. Especially not when she's so pissed. Finally she snapped out of it and with a final glare she turned on her heel and began stomping away.

The girl looked a little bit shaken for a moment but quickly composed herself and started heading my way. Shit. She's going to see me!

Except, wait, why did I care? I'm Logan Pearl and she's nobody. I doubt she'd even think I was spying on her anyway since it was obvious that she didn't have any relations with Amy...

Which reminds me I should probably apologize to Amy for freaking out at her in the cafeteria, but I probably won't. She needs someone to put her in her place now and then... Just like they way I witnessed only moments ago.

I pushed myself off the wall and confidently strode forward, winking at a few band nerds who immediately turned crimson. It wasn't often that I came down here since I wasn't in any of the arts programs, so this must've been a really treat to those who were.

"Umph!" I felt someone bump into me and heard a thump as someone fell back onto the ground.

I immediately looked down only to be greeted by none other than the scowling face of the mysterious girl from the bet herself.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." She snapped angrily, glaring at me with those piercing blue eyes, and I chuckled at her obvious distaste for a situation that any other girl in this school (except Amy of course) would kill for.

"What's so funny pretty boy?" She sighed as she started to collect the few things that had fallen from her backpack.

Pretty? I can be described in many ways, but pretty sure as hell was not a word I'd use, or would want anyone using.

The smirk had been wiped off my face and I crossed my arms. "I'm not pretty." I was the one scowling now.

"Really," she asked, no longer looking so pissed, but more amused, "I disagree, you're a pretty boy if I ever saw one." The girl sensed my discomfort and decided to run with it. Shoot.

"It's seen one." I snootily corrected her, still not offering her a hand, but she didn't seem as bothered with that this time as the last time that I had knocked her over.

She looked at me a little confused for a moment so I clarified, "If I've ever seen one, not saw one. Except you didn't do either, because I am NOT pretty."

"Oh! Pretty and smart!" She mocked, which annoyed me even more. Here I was talking to an unpopular girl and she had the audacity to make fun of me?

I wasn't the only one who was surprised it seemed. All around us people were watching and whispering to one another, obviously about us.

Great, now I was going to have to deal with this blow to my rep. I need to stop this conversation. Now.

The girl was thinking the same thing though, because she was now standing wiping her hands off on her jeans without as so much asking me for a hand up.

Which in a way I was grateful for. If I had helped her, I would've seriously tarnished my A-list only reputation, and if I hadn't I would've looked like a complete jerk.

"It's an expression pretty boy." She winked mockingly before brushing by me and heading towards the stairwell which I had come down from.

A few people laughed under their breaths and I even heard a low whistle.

Feeling dejected and a bit dazed, I tried to cool off a little and regain my confidence as I strode down the hallway to the opposite side.

I don't even know this girl's name and she's driving me crazy.