Ch 24: Compatability.

Start from the beginning

Miyeon.

Oh no.

They're caught in an awkward silence right after the final ding. Miyeon clears her throat, looking down at the ground. At least they weren't eating each others faces this time. She blushes at the mere thought.

Once she reaches her floor she quickly scurries out without a word.

•••

Jisoo was hard at work when her phone suddenly started ringing. Picking it up she puts it on speaker so that she could continue typing up.

"Hello?" She mumbles around the pen in her mouth.

"Hi this is Regina Phalange. I'm calling to confirm your adoption of a kangaroo."

"Hi Lisa," Jisoo chuckles. "What can I do for you?"

"Damn, how'd you know?" Lisa laughs.

"Regina Phalange? Really? Plus, only the aussie would try to convince you to adopt a kangaroo."

"The other day she asked if we could name our future child Joey."

"Your child would get bullied by my wife. Jennie would never let you live that down." Jisoo chuckles.

"Ouu whos the new hottie in the office?"

"What? How do you know about the new girl?" Jisoo's brows furrow.

"LISA!" Jisoo hears Chaeyoung squeal from outside of the office.

"Oh, I see." Jisoo smiles when Lisa gives her a wave through the glass. Phone still pressed to her ear and Chaeyoung hugging her tightly. Jisoo silently motions her to come in before sitting back down.

"Surprise~" Lisa sings walking into her office.

"Hey, what's up?" Jisoo asks.

"Well, when's your break? Wanna go on a date?" Lisa sets her feet up on Jisoo's desk.

"Get your nasty feet off my desk and its a yes." Jisoo taps her foot with a pencil.

"Nasty? I think you mean fabulous. These are red bottom heels honey."

"Whatever. Get them off!" Jisoo laughs.

"You know, for a fashion journalist you don't show much appreciation for my shoes." Lisa says removing her feet.

"They're wonderfully expensive. Is that what you wanna hear?"

"Yes. Thank you." Lisa smiles flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Is Chaeyoung coming with us?" Jisoo asks.

"Nope, she said she had to finish filling in the quota for next month."

"Can't she do that later?"

"You're her boss. Why are you asking me?"

Jisoo shakes her head at her and calls Chaeyoung.

"Yes Unnie?"

"I have a task for you."

"Which is?"

"Come to lunch with us so that your girlfriend doesn't annoy the crap out of me."

Chaeyoung starts squealing excitedly making Jisoo cover her ears. "Yes! I would love to!" She says before hanging up the phone.

"Do you not give her attention when you're together?"

"Oh, believe me. I pay plenty of attention. She just loves me." Lisa smiles smugly.