Ch 18: You have a Girlfriend?!

Jisoo was enjoying the best sleep of her life when suddenly an insistent buzzing ruined it. Her phone was vibrating from its spot on the nightstand so much so that Jisoo could no longer ignore it.

Covering her face with a tired groan she reaches for her phone to answer it before it could wake up Jennie.

"Hello?" Jisoo answers groggily.

"JISOO! YOUR PARENTS HAVE BEEN CALLING THE HOUSE NON STOP!" Lisa screams into the phone.

"What are you talking about?" Jisoo asks confused.

"CHECK YOUR PHONE!" Lisa shouts before abruptly hanging up.

"Wait hey—" But shes too late. Sure enough there are a handful of missed phone calls from her parents and a few from her siblings. "What the..."

Just then her phone flashed with an incoming call from her mother. She slid her finger and answered it.

"Hello?" Jisoo greets quizzically.

"You have a lot of explaining to do missy." Her mother says in a scolding tone.

"Huh?" Jisoo really had no clue what her mother was talking about.

"You have a girlfriend! Since when do yoy have a girlfriend!? Why didn't you tell us?!" Her mother hounds her.

"Uhhh how did you know about that?"

"YOU ARE ON THE FRONT COVER OF EVERY MAGAZINE IN KOREA!"

"WHAT?!"

"Jesus christ whats with all the yelling?" Jennie grumbles turning over to her side of the bed.

Jisoo looks at Jennie with a look that could be described as horrified and shocked. 'My mom is on the phone!' She mouths.

"I cannot believe you didn't bother to tell us Sooya. We are your family and we deserve to know. Not through a magazine cover. Why didn't you introduce her to us in the first place?!"

"Cause you and Dad are Kooks!" Jisoo accuses.

"Thats not true." Her mother huffs.

"Oh yeah remember my first boyfriend in highschool? You mad him join your drum circle in the backyard!"

"Oh that wasn't even bad," Her mother waves off.

"YOU GUYS WERE NAKED!" Jisoo screams.

"Well that's cause your father didn't like him and he wanted to scare him away." Her mother explains.

Jisoo rubs her face with her hand stressfully. "Oh my god mom this is exactly why I didn't want you to meet her. I don't want you to scare her away. I just happen to really really like her." She says softly. Her eyes trail down to meet Jennie's and the sleepy girl gives her a smile. "In fact I love her." She admits.

Their moment is completely ruined when her mother starts loudly squealing into the phone to the point where Jisoo has to pull the phone away from her ear.

"Well now we have to meet her! We have to meet the girl that turned our little Sooya into a lovey dovey mess! Come over right away! I'll make dinner!" Her mother rambles excitedly.

"Mom, we can't. We're still in Paris." Jisoo sighs.

"Promise me you'll come visit when you come back?"

"Mom-"

"Please Jisoo." Her mother says and Jisoo feels herself give in. Her mother rarely ever called her by her first name unless she really meant it.