"oh nothing don't worry." hyunjin laughed as he tried to play it off as he stood up from his chair.

"we should go, we might be late." the older boy told him.

jeongin blinked but nodded. they waved a goodbye to woojin as they both made their way out of the apartment.

as they got into the car, jeongin broke the silence and asked again, "hyung? what were you talking about?"

ah shit, he heard.

like a deer caught in the headlights, the older boy's eyes widened as he stared at him in panic.

jeongin's eyes didn't show any negative emotion, just genuine curiousity and anticipation.

'don't say anything dumb hwang.' he told himself as he took a deep breath before he answered.

"uhm, we were talking about global warming." hyunjin blurted out which caused the younger to snort.

"jinjin hyung, you suck at lying."

"i- i'm not lying? i-it's a very serious matter."

"i heard everything."

and with that hyunjin wanted to do nothing more but hit his head on the steering wheel until he passed out and avoid this conversation.

'great, now he probably thinks i work for dispatch or koreaboo for being such a gossip.' hyunjin thought to himself.

he sighed, well, it was now or never and since the boy already brought it up, he might as well just get on with it.

"i'm sorry, i was meaning to ask you but i was scared how you might react." hyunjin sighed, jeongin smiled softly before leaning over and awkwardly giving hyunjin a sidehug, making him feel that it was okay.

"i-it's okay hyung, really. i can't blame you for asking." jeongin reassured him.

jeongin took a deep breath and debated on whether he was ready to pour his heart out to the older, was he ready to tell his crush about the darkest days of his life?

the moments when everything felt like it was going nowhere and that nothing was making sense anymore?

it felt scary to strip down without showing skin. it made him feel more vulnerable and exposed. he really didn't like to show weakness or that he needed to depend on someone.

he wanted to show he was strong and wasn't someone you'd have to keep a constant watch over and worry about.

he glanced back to hyunjin, who was staring at him with his soft brown eyes, the sun's rays were illuminating them, making them look like pools of honey. jeongin found himself at a loss for words.

hyunjin had proven that he was sweet and totally boyfriend like, in a few days he had won jeongin's heart again and even if he was the one who had availed of jeongin's services it felt like the other way around.

he was nice, patient, and kind.

his eyes and presence felt like home. that he could tell the boy almost everything and not regret it regardless of their weird set-up as fake boyfriends.

there was something about him that was genuine and jeongin knew he had to talk about this with someone.

he didn't notice that hyunjin had stopped the car already. they were parked on a street which was quiet and was away from all the fuss and traffic.

it was just them and now seemed like an appropriate time to tell him.

"innie, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable about it. i understand." hyunjin said, placing his hand on jeongin's shoulder as if sensing the uncertainty in the younger's mind.

jeongin shooked his head, "n-no hyung it's just i-"

"hey, take it easy okay love? you don't have to rush and tell me."

"i think i'm ready to tell you." jeongin let out, catching the older off guard.

if the younger did have to face his demons, it might as well be with someone he knew he could rely on.

he already told this to the boys. all seven of them were sworn to secrecy not to tell anyone and they haven't broken their promise.

they told jeongin that they'd protect him and be his knights.

he bit his lip as he stared at hyunjin again, who was waiting for him with a reassuring smile and gentle eyes.

surely it didn't hurt to have another knight right?

-

edit: ive been wanting to do this for a while now since the sudden dark shit abt the yang family was too random and didn't make sense since there was no follow up so i decided to change it. i'm sorry for the confusion!

the events in the story will remain the same and these remakes won't affect the story!