Not because I'm scared, but because I have a kid clinging to me.

I won't be able to fight and keep him away from danger at the same time but if they try to lay a hand on me or Darren, hell would be freezing over. I will mess them up good.

Maybe I can get my frustration out on these people. I can beat the shit out them and satisfy the urge of using my fists but could I use my fist against werewolves?

Now that's a stupid. Let's stick to being on this tree, Miracle.

As the thundering grows nearer, I prepare myself for anything and anyone. I hold my breath in,wait in anticipation and not too long passed by when finally five figures emerge below us.

They all have red eyes and their furs ranging from different shades of brown is matted with dirt and blood. Their appearance clicks in my mind.

Rogues.

These are rogues! I have read about them in the book, Rudolf has given me. But what are they doing here? This is a pack and rogues are not allowed to enter a pack in any condition because of their feral and unpredictable nature.

Or they're here to cause harm.

They don't leave without causing harm. I have to keep Darren safe.

I don't care about myself, I can mess them up werewolves or not. These creatures are getting on my nerves and I've already run thin on patience.

They stop just below us and their big heads turn in every directions, threatening growls leaving them and I immediately put a hand over Darren's mouth before he could shout.

I stare hard at him and shake my head silently. His fearful eyes start brimming with tears and my lips thinned seeing the scared look on his face.

Where the fuck are those lap dogs of Rudolf when we need them?

As answering my question, two figures suddenly jump on the ground in front of the rogues out of thin air. These wolves seem trained by the way they move around, they are the lap dogs judging by their calculative movements whereas the rogues are acting on instincts.

At once, all five of them slam forward towards the two wolves who just make their appearances known.

Growls resonating throughout the thick forest, their bodies slamming to one another, the jaws snapping and the claws scratching over each other's fur-skin.

The scene is so animalistic that it dawns on me now how dangerous this is.

How dangerous these wolves are.

Rudolf's words come into my mind where he had told me that It's not safe for me anymore, I'm the mate of an Alpha. I am what they call, a Luna. So that makes me the target too.

Curse Rudolf to hell for putting me in this situation. It's all his fault!

A broken whining sound makes my heart drop when I see one of the wolf from the pack, slumping on the ground. There is a huge cut on his neck and the blood is pouring out from there along with different cuts all over his body.

I put Darren's face on my chest so that he doesn't see this. It's painful. But it was too late.

A whimper leaves his lips and the wolves underneath still.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Blast there heightens hearing senses! My heart picks up speed as the red eyes snap at us and the breath hitches on my throat at the predatory look, they give me.

There is lust on their eyes. Lust for blood. My arms tighten around Darren as one of them takes a slow step toward the tree, we're on.

Like a predators, one by one, start taking steps towards us. I know, I can't run. We're outnumbered.

The second wolf who is also badly injured, limps forward too. A desperate look in his eyes.

An empty feeling spreads on my chest. I don't understand why but the barely breathing wolf on the ground makes me angry and...

Sad.

I am sad for him. But so so angry.

My eyes lower down to Darren then at the wolf limping toward us. The rogues don't pay him any mind knowing it's useless to fight him as they have found much better prey.

Us.

Me.

My jaw clenched in anger as a flare of anger rushes down my spine.

I look at the wolf, straight in the eyes.

Take Darren,I try to convey the message to him through eyes.

My hand caress Darren's head as I look at the wolf, he seems to get the gesture as he shakes his head. A pleading look in his eyes.

I glare him down.

I'll whip your ass!

His head lowers down in defeat and I nod at him, determined.

My eyes snap towards the rogues who are now near my tree.

My glare intensifies as I pin each of them evenly with my glare.

"Let's get this show started, shall we?" I shout and give a sickly sweet smile to each of them.

••••••