I am becoming soft for this tiny, mischievous kid.

Lord, help me.

•°•°•

"Why are we up here?" Darren looks at me, confusing emerging on his face.

"We are enjoying the nature." I reply, leaning back on the trunk and closing my eyes.

Finally peace.

"On a tree?" He asks but leans against my body making me snaps my eyes open as I look down at him.

We are currently perched up on a tree. I, for once, thought to be considerate and chose not a high one so that Darren would be able to climb up and he did.

But while being on my back.

After trying to play hide and seek with me and with him loosing, he declared he is tired but still wanted to be in the woods so I suggest or more like drag him to enjoy nature.

He was very ecstatic for that, little did he know what i had in mind.

Needless to say, he is not enjoying at all on a tree.

I lift my hand up, hesitantly and touch his head. He leans more into my body, his small body slumping against mine facing ahead.

Slowly, I run my fingers through his hairs and unknowingly he leans further on my hand,my lips quirk up at his actions before my other arm move around his waist, holding him to me.

And with that position, we stay there and enjoy the scenes of beautiful birds flapping over the trees.

It is eerily peaceful here. We don't encounter any guards while being here. But I know they must be watching from distance because I'd heard some rustling.

Sneaky werewolves, don't trust these bastards. You wouldn't know when they would pop out.

And let's not talk about certain werewolf at all whose name starts with 'R' let's call him Reindeer instead.

That infuriating hairy creature keeping me against my will. I will show him what i am and what i can do once I find a way to get myself free. He will see --

I stop.

I stop and listen intently. And suddenly, my spine stiffens.

I heard thundering footfalls and they are not humanly so whoever they are, they're not humans .

Of course, they must be werewolves but why-

Immediately, I put my hand over Darren's mouth and he turns over to look up at me in confusion. I put my index finger over my lips to tell him to be quiet.

That's when I hear loud predatory growls.

Darren's eyes widen and he clings to my body, wrapping his small arms around me, shivering.

My heart starts beating wildly inside my chest.

They could be from Rudolf's pack. But from the goosebumps rising on my arms, I beg to differ.

I can sense danger, if that's even possible and I'm even sure Darren can sense it too.

And I believe my guts too. Always believe your guts and what your sixth sense is telling you. Believe me, I'm no cat.

I don't want curiosity to kill me and satisfaction to bring me back. So I'm not going down .

I have only one life so thank you very much.

We remain on the tree branch, looking around for any creature to come out Not wanting to climb down and face whoever is around.

We are not far from the pack grounds, I just hope that Rudolf's men that were following me, are still here.