seven

"TODAY'S LESSON IS ON THE colors blue and grey. can anyone tell me what they both mean?" my teacher asked, his eyes scanning the classroom for somebody with their hands down. he settled on the girl beside me.

"blue means sadness, and grey means to be scared or worried." she told. my teacher nodded his head, "correct. someone give me a situation where both of your palms would turn blue."

i scoffed and raised my hands, wouldn't this be ironic.

"corbyn?"

"let's say you're sat in a lesson, listening about stuff that you'll never be able to experience in your own way, whilst everyone else around you is basically tuning you out, leaving you unnoticed. that is a situation in which your hands would turn blue, or even grey, as you could be worried that you'd be living your whole life in the terrible misery." i told in one breathe, leaning back into my seat as my classmates stared at me, wide-eyed.

"he isn't wrong." a girl shouted from across the class. i laughed, "period."

my teacher ignored me, "does anyone else want to tell us how your palm would turn blue?"

nobody raised their hands.

"jonah?" he chose. i saw jonah rub his eyes, "okay, uh, your parents are fighting over something that they say you're to young to understand, although you try your hardest and one of your best friends have left you because of it, yet, you're left clueless. blue."

"you're oddly specific." my teacher told. jonah shrugged, "i guess."

there's no way he could've made that up on the spot.

~

while i was putting on my outdoor shoes, i walked over to jonah's hook, "hey."

"hello." he replied whilst tying his shoelaces. it was uncomfortably awkward, "i liked your scenario for the palm thing."

jonah laughed, "thanks. yours was epic too, but i have a question, do you actually feel emotions?"

i was not about to have this conversation.

"obviously. it's just they don't show in my palms." i said, trying to hide my annoyance. jonah nodded, "oh! sorry, i have just been wondering that."

"no worries." i responded blankly while walking away

he was so mysterious and hidden. it worried me.

~~~~~

yall didnt deserve this freaking small and terrible chapter im sorry