four

WALKING AWAY FELT LIKE A CRIME, but god, was i breaking the law by speed walking away from daniel.

i felt his eyes on me as i quickly tried to flee the scene, rubbing my eyes furiously in hope that nothing will start to cascade down my cheeks.

i've just messed everything up.

i started to feel my eyes become wet, rubbing my eyes once again with the sleeves of my sweater. 

everything was now blurred, and i just wished to escape reality, 

wake up from this nightmare that i seemed to be stuck in.

~

i waved my mother goodbye and zach instantly scooped be up, placing his arm around mine, "i, zach herron, just got myself a date."

i smiled at him, "with jack?"

"yes!"

i laughed, "i'm so proud of you."

he squealed, "i know! how are you and daniel going?"

i froze.

i pulled zach aside, "he saw my palms."

"what?! how did he react?" zach exclaimed, shaking me from my shoulders. 

"he gasped, and so i just walked away before he could say anything!"

"c'mon, bean! you gotta talk to him about it!"

i glanced behind him and noticed daniel walking on the grass, his hair messy and his hands brown. he looked up and noticed me instantly.

"what's wrong?" zach asked.

i gave daniel a sad smile and he returned it.

it was like a thousand pounds of weights were lifted off of my pained shoulders. i broke our eye contact by looking down at zach, "nothing."

zach groaned, "fine! i'm going to go talk to jack, i'll be back soon. love you!" i laughed at him, before speed walking to catch up with daniel.

"hey." i told shyly. daniel looked at me, "oh, hey corbyn."

nothing changed, and i felt like this is our first conversation all over again. awkward.

"what class do you have now?" i asked him while walking in our school. 

"uh, i'm pretty sure math." he spoke. 

"i can walk you to math, if you'd like..." i told him. daniel nodded, "sure."

his right hand turned pink, and my mood was lifted drastically. 

"what class do you have?" he asked me. i shrugged, "color coding."

color coding was the class that we learned more about our palms and how the colors originated, what they meant and everything in that subject. 

'nap time', for other words.

"oh." he sighed. 

"yeah, it's quite boring if i'm honest."

daniel smiled, "the corbyn i remember was bored in every class there is."

my stomach was now a cage filled with butterflies, "well, i guess i'm still that corbyn."

but what he still that daniel?

his smile faded once we arrived at the class, "i'll see you later?" i asked him. daniel nodded, "later."

~~~~

YES I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT LET ME BREATHE PLEASE I'VE BEEN SICK AND UNABLE TO THINK PROPERLY 

are y'all bored of this? i feel like everyone is :_)

ookookokkook sorry byeee