Chapter 63

You stepped out of the bifrost to find the press surrounding the place next to the tower where the bifrost always materialized. That wasn't atypical when Loki, and more especially Thor, came home from Asgard. The media tended to swarm the tower whenever they saw the bifrost. Hell, they swarmed whenever you were doing anything remotely interesting. Today was no different.

At least, you didn't think it was at the time.

Until you saw that it was more than just reporters outside of your home. There were people holding signs too. "Guess they're protesting something," you told Loki, your arm still around his waist. You were all still wearing Asgardian clothes, Loki hadn't bothered changing your clothes back when you'd be heading inside as soon as you got back. You were between the boys, their arms around your shoulders. It was to keep you safe on the bifrost. Or so they'd said.

They were both Alpha males and sometimes overly charmed by your Omega qualities. They were also bound and determined to protect you. Which also meant they tended to touch you to make sure you were ok. And receive your comforting calm from being an Omega. They had already been family before and you loved your found family dearly.

They were about to be family for real.

And you minded the casual touches, the comfort of the team, the petting and cheek kisses. You minded oh so much.

As in not at all.

Loki kissed the top of your head. "Are you alright, darling? Traveling by bifrost is an experience," he reminded you as if you didn't know that already. It was definitely an experience and you had to admit that your stomach was queasier than you wanted to admit, but you were fine.

You huffed and rolled your eyes. "I'm not a weakling, just because I'm an Omega," you reminded Loki with a grin.

He chuckled. "Of course not, puppy," he teased you warmly, then pressed his lips to your hair. "Fiancee," he corrected with such warmth and a touch of possessiveness to his voice.

You smiled and leaned up to kiss him. "Fiancé," you agreed and you saw the bright grin on his face. If you had any doubts this was definitely what he wanted, they were gone now.

"Come along, lovebirds," Thor teased you both and turned you to the press. "The sooner the reporters can take our pictures, the sooner we can rejoin our friends." He was eager to get inside and see the rest of the team. You were eager to tell them your news and show off your ring. The sooner you dealt with the press, the sooner you could see your friends again. It had been over two months and you missed them terribly.

You and Loki both huffed. Neither of you wanted to be in the news. You were so used to having to hide what you were and Loki still couldn't believe that the people accepted him after he'd tried to take over the world. However, you'd all spent the last couple of months on Asgard being royalty (or close enough to it in your case) so you knew how to play nice to people paying attention to you.

So you turned and put on a bright smile and posed between the two boys for the press. You let them get their pictures of you before your attention was drawn to the signs the protestors were holding. They said things like "Monster go home" "You're not welcome here"

"We should get inside," you whispered to Loki between your teeth as you smiled for the press. You didn't want him to see the signs. You also didn't want to draw attention to getting Loki out of here before he saw the signs. You didn't want the reporters to see him saddened by the signs. Loki was good at hiding his emotions, but you didn't want to risk it either.

He'd be so heartbroken if he saw signed calling him a monster. You'd spent so long convincing him that he wasn't a monster as he had promised you that you weren't one. You thought the people were over him trying to take over the Earth. It had been mind control after all. He was an Avenger now, after all. He'd saved the city so many times. People needed to give him a proper chance.

You thought they had been.

Until the signs.

The reporters approached the three of you and the boys took point, they somehow shifted nearly imperceptibly to draw the attention to themselves. They were both overprotective and both of them were more used to being in the spotlight than you were. The entire team was overprotective of their little Omega. Yet, at the same time, they managed to appreciate your strength. They acknowledged you were a real person, a supernatural being capable of protecting yourself and others. You had assets for the team and they appreciated and loved you. You weren't just a weakling to be protected.

"How does it feel living with one of those creatures?"

"How can you stand that monster?"

"Is it true the bitches go into heat?"

The reporters questions didn't make any sense. The one about the monster maybe... maybe about Loki, but the rest?

"Is she a vicious killer like they say?

They made no sense.

Unless...

No...

It couldn't be.

You looked closer at the signs.

They weren't about Loki.

"Bitch go back to the pack"

"No werewolves in New York"

"Monsters don't belong here"

They weren't about Loki at all.

There were pictures of werewolves in half-form looking like drooling crazy monsters.

Loki seemed to realize at the same time as you did. His arm tightened around you and he pulled you closer to his side. "Good idea," he said. Thor's arm dropped from around your shoulders and he moved between the press and you and Loki. The second he had, Loki teleported the pair of you back into the tower, letting Thor deal with the press.

The signs and protests hadn't been about Loki at all.

They were about you.