Chapter 22

"Love? Love, wake up," Loki's voice bid you after dawn. You cuddled better against him in reply. He sighed in exasperation and shook you gently. "Darling, as much as I enjoy the wonderful view, it is too cold outside for little wolves with no fur." You shot upright, flushing when you understood his words. Your body had automatically shifted back at dawn, and apparently not bothered to wake you when it did. It had been fine sleeping on your bed of pine needles when you were both wolves with fur. It was much less fine lying on a bed of pine needles and snow without a stitch on besides the gold necklace Loki had given you; it somehow survived your shifts to and from wolf. It would be nice if your clothes could do the same thing. "There is absolutely no reason for that charming blush, my love," Loki told you gently as he draped his cloak over your shoulders. "You're beautiful, in all of your forms,"

"You wouldn't say that if you changed back to human without your clothes," you grumbled, pulling his cloak more securely around yourself, embarrassed that he had seen you naked. Casual nudity wasn't something the werewolves were supposed to be embarrassed about by the time they hit your age...and yet... it wasn't quite casual, and was totally unfair since he reappeared from changing shapes with clothes.

He sighed and stood, pulling you to your feet too. "Very well," he said with a mischievous smirk. You had time to briefly wonder what he was up to before his clothes...disappeared. All of them. Gone. Poof. You just stared in mesmerized impressed awe. You were pretty sure your mouth was open. His physique was perfect. He was a god after all. And... well... he was endowed like one as well... and that was all the further you were letting your mind get on that subject. He was chuckling as his clothes shimmered back into place. "There. We're even. Feel better now?" he asked, still chuckling at your reaction.

"I don't have words-" you finally managed. Your brain was still very firmly in the off position. It had been a marvelously impressive view.

He kissed your forehead. "I will accept that and your tied tongue for the compliments they are, little wolf," he teased. It took another minute for your flush to ease and your brain to turn back on again.

"When did you change back?" you asked, looking for any line of conversation besides what had just happened.

"Just after you did," Loki replied carefully. "It's only been maybe five minutes. I thought the change would have woken you..." he added sheepishly. Ahh, so he thought you'd been awake and letting him enjoy the view. No wonder he'd felt the need to make it even. You also realized that his clothing choice for himself had been automatic, since he was wearing Asgardian style clothing.

"It usually does..." you confessed. "It hasn't been since...before Jareth expressed interest in me that the change hadn't woken me after a full moon," you added, not quite sure how to explain what the difference was. You should have woken, but you must have realized you were safe. That was the only reason for you not to.

"Since you trusted the pack," Loki supplied. You nodded, grateful he figured out what you were trying to say, since you couldn't, and pulled his cloak tighter around you, shivering.

"However, my toes are getting numb. Any chance you can summon me some shoes? Pants would also be appreciated so we can walk back to the house," you grinned, making light of the request.

He considered it. "I could...or..." you shrieked and giggled when he swept you effortlessly into his arms, his cloak wrapped around you like a blanket. "This is a much faster way to get you back to the hot shower and clean clothes waiting for you at the house," he smirked.

You huffed and rolled your eyes. "Fine, stubborn god," you softened the words by kissing his cheek. At least it was a short walk back to the house. Your clearing had been nearby.