Chapter 8

"Loki, I'm going to the bookstore. Wanna come?" you asked, holding up the keys to one of Tony's expensive cars. Loki wasn't officially on house arrest, but he still didn't venture out alone often, or possibly ever, so whenever you were going somewhere he might be interested in, you always offered to let him come along.

"You require a protector on your outing?" he teased as he set his book aside and stood to join you.

You rolled your eyes and stuck your tongue out at him in reply. "No, silly Trickster. I'm going to protect you while we're out," you replied.

He huffed. "I am a god. What on Midgard could you possibly have to protect me from?"

"Your army of fangirls," you replied with a grin.

He just stared at you. "My army of what now?" he asked incredulously. You cocked your head in reply.

"Seriously? You've never been on tumblr? You have an entire army of fangirls, who are quite obsessed with you. Hell, they even call themselves Loki's Army," you told him.

"That cannot be true," he protested, unwilling to believe that he had fans.

"Loki, you know damn well that I can't lie to you anymore than you can lie to me." Loki was the god of lies and could tell when anyone was lying. You were a werewolf and had the same skill. You two were no longer allowed to play two truths and a lie with anyone. Ever. Especially on team bonding night. "Phone?" you asked him, holding your hand out. He passed his phone over to you obediently. Within five minutes you'd set up the app and an account for him and showed him how to search through the tags. "I would highly recommend that you keep the safe search on. There are quite a lot of people who ship you and Thor...." you told him with a mischievous smirk.

"Does 'ship' mean what I think it does?" Loki asked, not wanting to believe that it did.

You nodded and grinned. "It means exactly what you think it means,"

"They do realize he is my brother. And a disgusting oaf. Also why do I have...fangirls?" he tested out the new word. He obviously felt unworthy of fangirls. He was used to being considered the villain.

You laughed. "Because you're tall, dark, and handsome, silly. And they think you're tragically misunderstood because of the Avengers movie,"

"Avengers...movie?" he asked, equally confused by that concept.

You sighed, you knew he'd seen movies before, you'd watched some together with him in the last few weeks. "Yeah, they made a movie out of the events in New York. There's actually a whole series of movies about the team now. I'll show it to you later, but do I have to prove to you that your army is real?" He called your bluff. He shouldn't have called your bluff. You got a short video clip of him and announced that he would be at the bookstore in a half hour to meet members of Loki's Army. You posted it all over social media with all of the appropriate hashtags.

"They will not come," Loki told you firmly. You laughed and linked your arm with his to head out of the tower.

"Why don't we go test that theory, Trickster?"

"Fine. Annoying puppy," he teased you in reply. He tended to call you that when you were being particularly silly or annoying. He was always teasing when he did.

You drove to the bookstore, as Loki still hadn't learned how to drive. He spent the trip scrolling through the Loki's Army tag with childlike glee. He was one to call you an annoying puppy...

There was a horde of fans waiting outside of the bookstore. "Told you," you announced to Loki as he stared at the crowd. "C'mon, oh high and mighty god, your fans await."