even if she falls

Start from the beginning

The house was exactly what Thomas expected their house to look like. In the living room there was a worn couch and a small TV and off to the side there was a table with a record player. There were boxes around it that looked like it was filled with records. The carpet was gray but it looked nice.

Newt headed to the couch after he kicked off his boots, so Thomas did the same and blindly followed. Newt sat down, letting out a sigh as he kicked his feet up onto the coffee table.

Thomas' eyes lingered on the box of records, he kinda wanted to look at them. "Can I look through your records?" Thomas asked, immediately cringing at how awkward he sounded.

Newt just smiled at him. "Go for it, let me know if you find something interesting."

Minho came in the room with a bag of chips this time and flopped down next to Newt.

Newt reached for the chips which Minho snatched away. "Bitch they're mine."

"I bought them!" Newt snapped as Minho just held them farther away.

"Yeah you bought them for me!"

Thomas knelt down next to the box and started filing through them. Newt had all kinds of stuff in the box. He had AC/DC records, Metallica, The Beatles and...Thomas paused and carefully pulled one out.

"Is this the Backstreet Boys?"

Minho snorted out a loud laugh. "That's Newt's."

"Is not!" Newt snapped but his cheeks were turning red.

Thomas stifled a laugh as Newt scowled.

"No, come on, we're playing this right now."

"Minho!" Newt snapped as the buff boy got off the couch and grabbed the record out of Thomas' hands. He put it on and set it up as Thomas decided to take the seat next to Newt.

"You say nothing of this to Lizzy," Newt said as he looked at Thomas.

"The Backstreet Boys are cute."

Newt opened his mouth to say something but was cut off as the music started to play. Minho laughed again before picking up the TV remote and holding it like a microphone. He winked at Newt before he started singing along to the song.

"You are my fireeeee, the one desireeeee, believe when I say I want it that way," Minho dramatically sang as Newt crossed his arms. Minho was good at singing too, like really good. He wasn't Teresa level but the buff boy had some serious musical talent.

"Come on Newt you know you wanna join innnnnn." Minho wiggled his eyebrows as he held his hand out to his friend.

"Quit it Minho."

"Come on Newt quick!" Minho shouted as he grabbed the blonde boy and yanked him to his feet.

"TELL ME WHY!" Minho handed Newt the TV remote.

The blonde boy's fake anger faded and he smiled as he took it and belted out the next part. "AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HEARTACHE."

Minho grabbed it back. "TELL ME WHY."

Newt had it again. "Ain't nothin but a mistake."

"TELL ME WHY."

"I never wanna hear you sayayy."

Newt put the remote between them and they sang together. "I want it that way."

They broke out into laughter after that, missing a few lines but then they got back into it, switching parts effortlessly like they'd done it before.