electric feel

The next time WICKED was playing at the pub Thomas was prepared. He put on a nice pair of jeans with a flattering short sleeve shirt and actually remembered to brush his hair. Rose was going with her friends to see WICKED that weekend so Thomas went by himself. He didn't mind, he was legitimately there to only see one person. He reclaimed his spot back at the bar, his hands feeling sweaty. He could shamelessly admit that he did some serious internet stalking of the guitarist. He learned that Newt lived with Minho and they had two cats. He learned that Newt wrote most of the songs for WICKED, with help from the other two of course. Maybe it was creepy, but Thomas tried not to think about that. He was just making sure he was well informed.

Newt looked impossibly better than the night before. He had on the same black jeans and boots but this time a tight white t-shirt with a jean jacket over it and a black beanie on his head. Thomas came to the conclusion that Newt could wear a garbage bag and still look good.

"See, I told Newt you'd come back."

Thomas turned around, smiling when he saw it was just Lizzy. "Hey."

She hopped up on the stool next to him before oncing him over. "You look good, you're like one hundred percent into guys right because if you're looking to reconsider..." She winked at him which made it clear that she was kidding.

"Newt didn't think I'd come back?"

Lizzy shrugged. "I don't know, he asked about it last night."

Thomas' heart clenched.

"Hey no little sister tonight?" Lizzy asked as she surveyed the area for the curly haired girl.

"She's with her friends somewhere or other. They're really into this live music groupie kind of stuff."

"And you're not?"

Thomas shrugged.

"So what brings you back then?"

"Your brother's band is good."

Lizzy smirked at him. "My brother's band hm? Not just my brother?"

Thomas almost choked. "W-what?"

"Oh nothing, I wasn't referencing the way your eyes popped out of your sockets when you saw him or when he got close to you and you nearly had a heart attack. I also totally didn't see you stalking him on instagram or anything weird like that."

Thomas groaned and covered his reddening face with his hands.

"Damn I really got beat out by my brother. I mean you don't have to be into me but him really?"

"I'm not into Newt," Thomas said quickly, his voice coming back to him. He internally cheered at how confident he sounded.

Lizzy made a face before putting her hands up in surrender. "Okay, bold of me to assume then."

Thomas was speaking before his brain could tell his mouth to stop moving. "Why? Does he like, have a girlfriend or something?"

Lizzy snorted out a laugh. "No Thomas. My dipshit brother is as single as they come."

Thomas bit his lip, hating how that made his heart skip a beat.

"I was kinda hoping you'd be here," Lizzy said as she ordered herself a drink. "You seem to ward off the creeps well."

This time Lizzy had on black jeans with a black and white striped shirt and a thrasher t-shirt over it. She really did look like someone he would associate with being related to Newt. They dressed a like, probably listened to the same music. If Lizzy hadn't told him Newt was older he probably would have assumed they were twins.