Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Believe it or not Shiva, but not everyone knows of your existence as titan. It's best to lie for now then explain the complicated truth that would only instill fear in others. If they knew you were a titan they'd fear you, perhaps place a target over your head." Apollo explained, his arms crossed over his chest.

I shook my head, "I didn't ask you to lie for me, I can cover for myself."

"You're too arrogant to be careful. You've already almost exposed yourself multiple times. You wouldn't survive without me for a second!" Apollo sneered.

"And I'm the arrogant one?" I retorted.

Apollo rolled his eyes and sat down on a nearby log, his eyes reflecting the fire ablaze in the pit. I watched him curiously, trying to read his emotions. But per usual he was unreadable.

"Might I ask you a question?" I asked breaking the silence.

Apollo nodded slowly but his eyes remained on the flames.

"You had said you had... feelings for me at one point. Why attempt to help me with the Ares plot. You suggested I become romantic with him and make Aphrodite jealous, yet you had-" before I could continue his scoff interrupted me.

"You're far too ignorant to understand. There it is, your arrogance speaking once more. You think you're so damn important but's it's far from that." Apollo sighed. "Not everything is about you."

"I never said that. In fact, I know everyone dislikes me. That I'm a burden." I said looking down at my pale hands.

Apollo hesitated for a moment and finally spoke up, "What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. Since the beginning I've been treated with caution not love. Everybody watched me like I was bound to snap at any moment. I've been treated like a burden, a mistake of sorts. So please don't say I'm arrogant when I see exactly what's going on." I snapped, my fists clenching into a ball. I stood up and turned on my heel.

"Shiva-"

Before Apollo could speak further I stormed off to my cabin that night.

The next day was merely work and training, I pulled arrows from their targets as Demi-gods readied their quivers. They were sons and daughters of Apollo, some hunters of Artemis.

As I stood by waiting, the chubby girl from earlier strolled up to me. "I'm Kelly." She simply said.

"I never asked for your name." I sighed as I watched the arrows rip through the air and into their targets with precision. I felt incredibly awkward being surrounded by his children.

"Well, I felt like we got off on the wrong foot. I thought I'd introduce myself and get to know you better." She explained, her calculating eyes watching my expression closely.

"You're nosey." I retorted.

The girl rolled her eyes, "It's not like I've heard that one multiple times. I just want to know one thing."

"What is it?"

"Who is your godly parent? Apollo said you were born in Olympus-"

I cut her off, "I don't know." She narrowed her eyes at me in suspicion, I swallowed hard and tried my hardest to lie. "I really don't- They found me as a child and nobody claimed me."

Her face rested, she partially believed my lie. "Then why did you say you were a titan before?"

I paused for a moment, silence filling the space between us. I sighed and pulled the arrows out of their targets, "You only wanted to know one thing."

"So? It's still relevant. It's just a question." She scoffed.

I paused once more, I pondered on an excuse. Remember, being partially honest can disguise a lie and make it more believable. I looked her in the eyes and spoke softly, "It's how I feel."

She raised an eyebrow. "It's how you feel?"

"I call myself a titan because I'm an outcast. I've only been treated like a burden in Olympus, no parents and nobody who loved me. Does that make sense or do you want to continue to prod me with more personal questions?"

Her face remained rested but her eyes read differently, it's almost as if she felt bad. "It's a coping method...?"

I sighed and turned away from her, "I'm done answering questions, go ahead and take what you've learned to your friend group Katy."

"It's Kelly..."

I had walked off before she could speak further.

I spent this night laying in Hera's cabin staring at the ceiling thinking, thinking about what's happened in the past few days and how everything's turned out. I resented Hera, Zeus, Ares, and Apollo. I resented all of them. I felt like none of this would've happened if not for them. I should've minded my own business and worried about myself. For once in my existence my eyes felt heavy.

I drifted off to sleep.

I was awoken by a loud commotion from outside. I sighed and sat up on the side of my bed, I was still wearing my camp attire and failed to put on sleep ware the night before. The commotion was filed with laughter and yelling, I crumbled and pushed myself up on my feet. I swung open my cabin door and saw a large group of camp members standing in a circle near Ares' cabin.

They all had smiles on their faces and were laughing about something. One of them looked over their shoulder and saw me, a grin was plastered on their face. He pointed towards me and said something I couldn't hear.

They burst into laughter, I felt a tinge of anger and stomped towards them. My godly arrogance coursing through my veins.

"You're being loud!" I growled as I reached the group.

"Oh. My bad... I didn't mean to awaken the "Titaness" from her rest." One of them snarled.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards them to begin walking away.

"Tell Kronos we said hi-ah wait, he's in Tartarus; where you should be!" One of the girls teased followed by laughter from the crowd.

I froze at the sound of his name. I recognized the name and the negative connotation but couldn't place my finger on it. I couldn't remember. I tried to ignore them once more but they continued to yell after me. "Why the long face? I thought being labeled a titan helps you?"

I turned around, my fists clenched at my side. Kelly ran her mouth and now I'm being humiliated for it. "Don't act like you're any better, we all have an absent parent."

"At least we know who our parents are."

Why did I care? The titan coping method was a lie, it shouldn't bother me. It's their smug faces and foulness that bothers me.

"Once I'm done here you'll regret this-"

They all burst into loud laughter.

I felt rage boil over me. I didn't feel cold like before, I was stripped of my powers by Zeus. I wish I could freeze them on the spot but nothing happened. As I stood their enraged my head was racing with thoughts. Why am I here? This is a camp for kids, kids who have an absent godly parent. I'm a titaness, I shouldn't be disrespected and placed on the same level as these brats. They're pathetic. I felt trapped.

I lifted my chin up at them and walked away, I didn't walk towards my cabin. I walked towards the entrance of the camp.

Reborn (Apollo x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें