28:

Chapter 28:6-10-2250 210 a.d.d

*Malaki p.o.v*

4 am.

My inner system alerts me that we are now 2 hours behind the rest of our people, 27 hours from yazna. Were early by 16 hours.

I sit up in bed and connect with v.

"V, its Malaki, I wanted to let you know were taking a detour here in Lepel, Balarus. Were ahead of schedule and it will give kii-ea a day to meet our people."

"Ill send the captain and his crew ted erections from their location." She replies.

"Malaki." She says in my head.

"The town youll be in has an abandoned fair groud there with a 50m slide. I think kii-ea would enjoy the place."

"How did you know it was there?" I ask.

"Master hendrix has been searching the internet for local spots. But I searched via satalite images the day of doomsday. It should be there still. Heres the gps location."

The captain from the large cargo carrier messaged me to let me know she would meet us there in two hours.

Every one but essential personal were asleep, so I informed him that we would have a meeting in town at 9, as the weather was fine.

That gave me 5 hours to get kii-ea ready to meet the woman ho made up her team. There was only about 700 in total, but more than half were martins from berlin.

700 woman who could put my girlfriend at risk. But honestly Im more worried about the people in yazna. There were only 704 of us, plus 300 droids, vs an unknown number of people who've been living underground.

I crawl back to bed to find kii-ea is gone, and upon inspection I see the closet door is ajar. She must be getting changed.

I walk on the toes of my feet, silently inching my way in front of the door. The sliver of the door is illuminating the room with light that reflects off the light grey floors.

Leaning my head a bit I peak into the closet. She has her hands on the edges of her shorts like she just pulled them on. Her hips swaying side to side as she adjusts them onto her hips.

She stands and goes to another drawer with her half shirts in it but I notice her staring at it intensely, not moving much. Her back is to me and I notice her back looks discolored a bit around her shoulder blades.

Purple almost, I lean in a bit further and I have to put a hand over my mouth to stop from gasping.

Cookie has a long scar from shoulder to shoulder. A burn wound that took up her whole upper back. Conveniently her half top covers all of it.

I bet that's why she wears them.

If she hates the scar, why didn't she use her healing cream to heal all her scars like she did zed? I make a mental note to ask later.

Realizing I need to step back or get caught I walk back to the door and make it look like I just walked in as she walk out.

"Laki, good morning!" She hops the last 3 feet between us. Im surprised really, it was really cute due to the large shirt she has over her underwear.

"Hey that's my shirt?" I question looking to her again. She jut nods yes.

"Shh, we'll wake them." She points to our cuddling boyfriends and walks to the kitchen with me.

She made chai lattes for us both and I made her pancakes. (Her new favorite think next to cake.). Instead of eating at the table to walked us to the sitting area and motioned for her to sit wwith me.