Chapter Twenty Three

The rest of the day went on, Arnav and Khushi mainly sleeping in to get rest. They had later joined the family for dinner, and was nothing less of a lovely evening, the couple continuing to the tell the family of their trip.

Sameer decided for Arnav to take the next day off as well, just so that he could get rest. Arnav declined, but his father insisted, so he couldn't deny him. With that, the family retired for the evening, awakening for the new day.

Sameer and Aditya left to the office the following day, Abhay meeting up with them there. Mona had planned a playdate with Maya's friends, so she and Maya left to the park to meet up with them and their moms. Once again, Khushi and Arnav remained alone in the house, of course, with the help. But unlike last time, that awkwardness was no longer there and they were much more at ease. Although, they did spend most of the day seperately, Khushi working in the kitchen while Arnav did some work.

But when Khushi went to the gym to let Arnav know it was almost time for dinner, once again, Khushi was stuck in daze as she watched Arnav do the salmon ladder. One by one, a shirtless Arnav moved the rod up, until he finally got to the top, then let go, bringing the bar down with him, and came to his feet. He set the bar at the bottom and grabbed his water bottle. He looked up to see Khushi, who was still gaping at him.

"How the hell do you do that," Khushi asked, still stunned.

Arnav couldn't help his grin. "Practice."

Khushi looked back up at the salmon ladder before returning her eyes on Arnav. "I've only seen people be able to do it on TV shows, so to see it right in front of me... dayum."

Arnav chuckled, moving forward towards Khushi. "If you want, I can teach you."

Khushi couldn't help but to scoff. "Me? Do the salmon ladder? Yeah right! Good luck getting me on the treadmill," she snorted.

"You don't work out?"

"No way."

Arnav grinned. "Looks like that's gonna change."

Khushi looked at him in confusion.

"From now on, you're going to work out with me."

Khushi's eyes widened.

"You won't be doing anything hardcore like I do, but you'll be doing the basics."

"No way-"

"Khushi, it's better to be active, you'll stay healthy. Plus, I've seen the way you eat those jalebis..."

Khushi looked away, a hint of blush popping up on her cheeks.

"Papa's not the only one, but at least most mornings, he goes for a jog. So he's getting some type of workout in. You, however, don't do anything."

"Well that's not true," Khushi frowned. "I do housework."

"That's such an auntie thing to say," he chuckled. "It hardly does anything. From now on, after I come home from work, we're going to work out."

"But-"

"And even if I get busy, I want you to do at least 30 minutes of cardio, which everyone normally should do."

"What-? But what about the housework? And I don't have workout clothes."

"That can easily be prepared, and as for the housework, we do have maids to help around for a reason."

"But-"

"No buts. And once I tell dad, I know he'll agree with me."

"Not unless I get him on my side first " Khushi frowned, crossing her arms.

Arnav's eyebrows shot up. "Oh yeah? Bet."

"You're on-"

"Khushi!"

Both Arnav and Khushi looked towards the door at the sound of Sameer's voice. With one glance at each other, the two dashed out of the room, dashing towards Sameer. At first Khushi was ahead, but then Arnav went dashing past her and he slid down the railing of the staircase with ease, gliding down to his feet before going to his dad.

"Hey no fair," Khushi hollered.

Arnav briefly turned back at her and smirked before turning back and going to Sameer. "Hey dad!"

"Arnav-"

Khushi came running in. "Papa don't listen to him."

"Huh?"

Khushi opened her mouth to speak but Arnav cut her off. "I was thinking of having Khushi start to work out, especially given the number of jalebis she eats."

"Hey," Khushi exclaimed.

"What do you say?"

"That's a good idea," Sameer said. "Its important to stay healthy and fit."

"That's what I thought," Arnav smiled proudly.

Khushi scowled at him, but Arnav only smirked in return. The family noticed this, even Mona, who was watching them while she held a tray with everyone's tea. She was very happy to see how close they were.

Mona came forward and placed the tray down, preparing everyone's tea and handing it to them. "I think it's a good idea; it's important to exercise, working out will be good for you."

"You don't work out," Khushi pouted.

"Yes and no, I chase a toddler around all day, that's my workout," she chuckled. "You'll know what I mean when your time comes, which by the looks of things..."

Khushi looked down, blush filling her cheeks.

"May take less time than I thought," she teased.

Sameer and Aditya tried to hide their grins while poor Khushi blushed harder, Arnav frowning at Mona.

"You know bhabi," Arnav began, "I would say that maybe your workout is going to double, given the looks of things," he smirked.

Mona's eyes widened and Aditya nearly spit his tea out.

Mona and Aditya began to fuss with Arnav, but Arnav acted as if he were innocent and had said nothing, Khushi trying to hold back her laughs from their antics. Sameer sighed at the sight and relaxed. Everything was almost perfect, and he only wished that things would truly become perfect in a matter of time.