2: Getting Acquainted

~The Next Day~

"Would you like to buy some roses miss?" a man interrupts my spaced out daze, I blink a couple times,then turn to look at the man.

"O-oh" I gasp with surprise,"n-no thank you sir, maybe next time".

As I continue my way down the concrete sidewalk,I spot an old record store nearby.
I remember that I might need some new records, maybe they have Paul Anka's tracks.

I skip inside,giving the cashier a nod and looking around. I find the aisle that holds the classics,and search through.

No...

No...

Oh The Rolling Stones!

But no...

I don't see Paul Anka anywh-

*BUMP*

"O-oh my goodness I'm so sorry~!" I quickly gasp,gazing at whoever I bumped into.

I freeze,knowing those blue eyes,and dark wavy hair.

"You really need to be more careful little miss~" I hear a familiar hearty chuckle.

"O-oh my gosh Arthur~!" I gasp,"I-I'm so sorry, I can't believe I did this again".

"It's quite alright~" he shrugs off, "to be honest, I'd rather have you bump into me than some random stranger,and besides your a very sweet girl".

"Oh" I say rather bluntly,"thank you sir".

He slowly turns his head to face me,"Did you just call me "sir"?" He laughs,his mouth turning upwards into a grin.

"Y-Yes...?" I question

"You don't have to call me sir" he says kindly,
"I may be old,but I'm not one for fancy names~".

"Thanks Arthur~" I laugh

I look down and notice he's holding some records,he seems to take notice and holds them up.

"Woah Matt Monroe~!" I beam,taking the record in my hands," I haven't seen his records in months~!"

"You know Matt Monroe!?!" Arthur questions with surprise,"of course I do~" I chuckle, looking through the song list.

"Really...~" he gasps,"I never thought a kid like you would know anything about classical music, nowadays kids listen to...what is it...dabstep?"

I let out a loud laugh,but quickly put a hand over my mouth.

"D-did you just say dabstep~?" I laugh,feeling tears forming around my eyes as my side cramped from how hard I was laughing.

"I'm guessing I got the name wrong~?" Arthur laughs with embarrassment,"it's dubstep" I politely correct him," n-not dabstep~"

"Thanks for the correction Charlotte" he says,"I'll remember that one,by the way,I'm curious in your taste in music,what are you looking for?"

"Paul Anka" I tell him,"I've been searching for him all over this aisle,I thought he would be here,but I guess not".

"Oh Paul Anka~!" He beams," I love his music, wait a sec I actually might have him...."

He searches through his pile of records,"here!"

He takes out a record,"I knew I had him somewhere!"

"Oh wow~!" I cheer,"I guess they do have his records,where are they?"

"The aisle next over" he says,"but you can have that one,I don't think I'll need him today".

"Arthur I can't,you found it fair and square" I insist,"and besides,I don't have the money right now,I was just looking".

I hand the record back to him,"you are very kind" I tell him,"thank you for the offer".

I start making my way towards the exit,"bye Arthur,I hope to see you soon!" I say, waving goodbye to him.

"Goodbye little miss~" he bids,waving farewell to me.

I feel myself smile as I make my way home