Chapter Two: Big Questions, Tiny Answers..

Bipper curiously followed this strange tiny man into a different part of the forest. All attention from the other tiny men turned to stare at him as he was brought into their home.

" Hey guys, this is leafy. Leafy, this is Carson....Steve...Jason....and Carl...and...Boy, do you have a lot of fellas to meet." Jeff continued to say names but most of them were ignored.

Bipper sat down and looked at his surroundings, feeling the grass and the moss surrounding him. The moss was soft and moist, like a tiny pillow. His fingers dug into the ground, watching as the dirt broke and crumbled between his fingers.

"And I think that's everyone

"And I think that's everyone...Welcome to the Gnomes, kid!" Jeff smiled, pulling Leafy closer to him," How about we make u some actual clothes first...kinda weird having you walking around almost naked..".

Bipper was taken to a small room where he was shoved to a small set of gnomes, who started to measure the different parts of his body. He was fascinated with everything around him, all of it was so new to him..

He grabbed some of the fabric and fumbled it around. He looked closer, analyzing the intricate design with each thread that wove together to make this strange new material. His attention switched back to the gnomes who shoved him into a chair and went to work.

Bipper walked out with his new, gnomish attire, he especially liked his new hat. He waddled around as he followed Jeff, these new things on his feet felt weird...

Bipper's attention turned back to his surroundings, everything had a soft, peaceful feel to it as the tree loomed over them, as if the trees were their guardians.

As days passed, Bipper blended in and learned how the gnomes behaved...mostly. He was a very curious little fella and often got into situations he shouldn't be in, luckily Jeff always found a way to get him out.

Bipper watched outside the door as it rained heavily outside, it was the first time he ever saw rain. Jeff started to block the door with a rock that was twice his size, grunting as he did so. Bipper watched as the rock closed out the view of the rain and the moss that blanketed the trees, trapping them inside..

"Why can't I watch the rain again?", He asked, hugging his knees.

"Because..." Jeff wheezed, short of breath," The rain...can..be...dangerous."

Bipper just became more confused, it seemed just fine to him. He decided not to question it any further, Jeff always knew best anyways...

Bipper crawled over to his bed and covered up with his small blanket. Jeff said goodnight and went to bed as well, clearly tired from his kingly duties. Bipper stared at the rock as the darkness consumed his sight. The putter of the rain was very soothing, like nature was trying to make a song...a lullaby perhaps.

His eyelids became heavy as he drifted off into a deep slumber.

When the next day came along, the rain formed puddles that scattered across the ground overnight. He looked onto the puddles, his face became slightly pale...