"No spaghetti!" She sounds horrified. "That's appalling!"

I laugh. "I get by."

"Next you'll be telling me you don't eat ice cream."

I look at her with a guilty face.

She sighs. "Jisoo, we're going to have to break you out of this good girl mode you're in. Reprogram you some how."

I laugh again. "If you insist." I resist telling her that it's not exactly my choice. If she wants to feed me spaghetti and ice cream, I'm not going to protest. Although I may request them separately because in combination they don't sound all that appetizing.

We're met at the gate by a short brunette in a cheerleading uniform. Jennie rolls her eyes and pushes the other girl on the arm gently.

"Fuck off."

"My God, Jennie, can't you just be normal for once??" The girl is unamused.

"You're calling me abnormal?"

"If the stiletto fits!"

"You're delusional! I'd never wear ugly footwear, that's why it's all in your closet."

I watch the banter with some bemusement. I can only assume that this is Jennie's half-sister, Kyla.

"Introduce me fuck head," the second girl says, looking at me.

"Jisoo, this is my annoying brat of a younger sister, Kyla. Kyla, this is my friend Jisoo."

"Hi, Jisoo. Don't listen to her, I'm the smart one."

"Will you STFU?"

"Oh, talking in internet acronyms. Very mature and intelligent."

I watch them go back to arguing, meanwhile drifting along on a cloud of bliss. Jennie called me her friend. I'm her 'friend' Jisoo.

They bicker most of the way home, between Jennie giving me little insights into how annoying Kyla is. Actually, I get the undercurrent of fondness between them quite easily, but they definitely veneer it with spite.

When we get to Jennie's house, there's no-one else home.

"Come on, let's go to my room, away from jerk head over there." She tosses her head towards Kyla who has taken off to the kitchen.

"Cool."

Oh my God. I'm going to get to see Jennie's bedroom!

She takes me up the stairs of her enormous house and down a nicely-carpeted corridor. Unlike our house, which is rather dark and oak paneled, her house is far more modern and light-filled. Half-way down the hall she turns right and opens a door.

I step into a room so huge I gasp.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Jennie chuckles at me.

Her room is positively insane. The walls are covered with abstract art and framed band posters. About half of them are Purple Venom and the other half are musicians I've never heard of.

The bed is a massive four poster, at least king-sized, with a canopy. A flash of jealousy flies through me. There's a couch to one side, facing a giant flat screen TV. Jennie's music system looks like something out of a space shuttle. In another corner of the giant room is a drum set, an amplifier and lined up against the wall next to them are a series of guitars.

I spy a door which I suspect is the closet.

I close my mouth. I look like the proverbial codfish.

Jennie has flopped on the bed after dropping her bag on the ground. She groans. "It's Friday, I don't want to study."

I laugh. "Come on, goofball, we have to get this done."