History Repeating

Start from the beginning

"Whoa." I stated, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion but Bonnie ignored me and got out of her car.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked loudly, watching as Bonnie pulled the necklace from around her neck and walked towards the field in front of her. She chucked the necklace off in the distance and sighed deeply in relief before coming back to the car.

"Are you okay?" I asked her uneasily once she got in the drivers seat again and shut her door.

"Now I am. All my problems were because of that thing." Bonnie scoffed, pulling on her seatbelt and I chuckled a bit.

"What's your Grams gonna say?" Elena asked, raising her eyebrow in some skepticism and Bonnie rolled her eyes.

"Grams isn't the one being haunted by a one hundred and fifty year old ghost, is she?" Bonnie countered in protest and I smirked a bit as she pulled back onto the road.

-Time Skip-

"What do you think Elena is telling him?" Bonnie asked from where we stood in the kitchen. I sighed and looked out the window in the living room, seeing Stefan and Elena out on the porch talking.

"Something along the lines of 'He threatened her, Stefan'." I answered, imitating Elena talking, which made Bonnie laugh. "And probably going through the explanation of the necklace that you gave to The Children of The Corn." I added sarcastically, looking back at her to see her roll her eyes.

-Elena-

"He threatened her, Stefan." I stated in disbelief as I paced on the porch in front of him.

"What would Damon want with Bonnie?" Stefan asked, looking down in confusion as he leant against the porch railing.

"She has this necklace. Caroline got it from Damon, and she gave it to Bonnie, and now Damon wants it back." I answered, running my hands through my hair in frustration as I explained it. "He's tormenting her." I added in defeat and Stefan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Over a necklace." He countered, trying to make sense of it in his head.

"It's not just any necklace." I informed, watching him look at me in confusion. "It belonged to one of her ancestors who lived here during the civil war.." I started, leading off and tilting my head at him as he watched me, knowingly. "When you and Damon lived here." I added and he slowly nodded in realization.

"Her name was Emily." Stefan pointed out and stood up straight before folding his arms over his chest. "She was Katherine's handmaid. And a witch." He stated and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know?" I asked, completely taken aback. "About Bonnie?" I added, gesturing inside and he nodded back in agreement.

"The first night that you invited me over for dinner, I made the connection." He admitted and I rose an eyebrow as I thought back to the night and the conversations we had.

"And now Damon knows and for some reason he wants that necklace." I stated, putting my hands on my hips as I came back to reality.

"What does it look like again?" He asked and I sighed, trying to remember it.

"It's um, an antique iron setting and a—" I started but he cut me.

"With an amber crystal." Stefan finished and I rose an eyebrow. "I know it, it belonged to Katherine. Emily gave it to her, which means that—" Stefan started, only to cut himself off and look away from me in curiousness.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows but he shook his head.

"I don't know. But I'm gonna find out." He reassured, looking back at me finally. "Let me talk to Damon." Stefan stated, turning towards the porch steps.