History Repeating

Start from the beginning

"I don't get it, why Emily?" I countered, shaking my head at her.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the Civil War days and that this medallion was hers." Bonnie answered as she gestured down at the necklace she wore around her neck. "A witch's talisman." She added and I looked at the necklace carefully.

"And it all started when you got the necklace?" I asked, looking back up at Bonnie who nodded in agreement.

"I think she's using it to communicate with me." She informed and I slowly nodded and looked down at my plate of food and grabbed a fry.

"Okay, what does Grams say about it?" I asked, popping the fry in my mouth while Bonnie sighed.

"I can't call her. She's going to tell me to embrace it. I don't want to embrace it. I want it to stop." She answered in defeat. I sighed at her defeated look and looked down at the necklace in curiousness.
~~~

Elena and I walked out of the school and saw Stefan sitting on one of the lunch tables. I furrowed my eyebrows at him while Elena smiled in relief, walking over to him as he stood. "You weren't in class today. I was worried." Elena stated, running her hand through her hair.

"Yeah I got your messages. Sorry I didn't get back to you but.. What I wanna say shouldn't be said on the phone." Stefan pointed out with a small smile and I cleared my throat, feeling an awkward moment about to come.

"Look at the time. I'm gonna go." I stated with a quick nod, about to walk away from them but Stefan held me back.

"This is for you both to hear." Stefan protested and I looked back at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"A simple 'I didn't kill my brother' text, would have sufficed." I replied sarcastically, folding my arms over my chest.

"I didn't kill my brother.. As much as he deserved it." Stefan stated bluntly and I nodded my head at him while Elena folded her arms over her chest. "He has you to thank for that." He added, looking back at Elena who smiled a bit.

"So what did you want to tell us?" I asked, shaking my head at him and wanting to hurry along this conversation.

"I won't be coming to school anymore." He informed, making Elena furrow her eyebrows. "I'm gonna back off and keep my distance.. It's the right thing to do." Stefan stated and I slowly sighed.

"Back off from school.. Or from us?" Elena asked, but what she was really asking was if he was keeping his distance from her.

"Thanks for telling us." I stated in annoyance and looked away from him.

"It's better this way." Stefan replied and Elena nodded in disappointment.

"Yep, we got it. Loud and clear." Elena countered emotionlessly, also looking away from him as he slowly nodded.

"You're angry. That's good." Stefan stated as he noticed our reactions but more so Elena's. "It'll be easier if you hate me." He added in defeat before walking away. I heard Elena let out a heavy and shaky breath and I slowly shook my head in disbelief.
~~~

"He's bad news, Elena. He really scared me." Bonnie stated as she drove us to our house and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You need to stay as far away from Damon as possible." Elena replied in a cautious tone, shaking her head in agreement.

"I'm trying—but he just keeps showing up." Bonnie countered in annoyance and I looked out the window in silence, ignoring their conversation.

"I don't want you to be alone." Elena informed and I rolled my eyes at the dramatic measures. "You're sleeping at our place tonight. We can make a whole night of it." She added excitedly. I rose an eyebrow and looked back at Bonnie, waiting for her answer. I watched as she glanced down at the necklace in wonder and held it in her palm, thinking deeply before she swerved to the road side and parked the car.