Chapter Thirty: The Freedom Fighters

Start from the beginning

This had perked the interest of Queen TyrAnna. Could it be Aughustus? Her long lost husband? She wondered.

Against her advisors concerns the Queen scheduled a trip to one of the larger towns that had recently been liberated and was under heavy guard. Candillice decided to accompany her mother on this mission so naturally her protectors had to come along.

"Can we take that flying thing? What did ya call it?" She pointed to Sam's fathers car and asked Sam.

"Oh the Wagon? Ya!" Sam replied.

"It's a car but Sammys Dad calls it the Wagon!" June exclaimed.

"Indeed Bradley er I mean Mr.Gusterson once informed me that he had designed and constructed it with a combination of old car parts and. . . Um. . . . . . something else," Rufus added. Toido noticed the glove compartment and had to break the lock to open it. He reached in pulled out two manuals that Bradley had hidden in there.

"One of these look like the blueprints for this vehicle, the other. . . . Aha! Look it's a

Stellar Overseer Combat fighter well there you go it's part car and part star fighter!" Reegan said after leaning over to look. Toido began to read the manuals with Rufus and Reegan as they learned more about the vehicles capabilities.

Hours later Tafficious briefed the Protectors aboard the Wagon as they were flying towards the town. They had rearranged some of the seats around a table in the back of the car to look over maps of the area and plan strategy. Toido sat on the roof as they still could not manage to find enough space for Toido to be comfortable. He poked his head upside down through the window and was very helpful overlaying his holographic maps above the maps to help pin point enemy devices underground. Sam was very quiet during the briefing but Rufus asked many questions.

"Mr Tafficious sir if I may who are these freedom fighters that we were dispatched to investigate?"

"They are a small band of young and healthy Tigris who have eluded Grotesques capture outside the wall. They were the ones who made first contact with the White Knight and worked with this mysterious figure to free the towns by sealing the tunnels our enemy use,"

"Is that why we came here?" June asked as she was kicking her feet back and forth on the car seat.

"Well we are here to protect the Prophetigress!" Tafficious replied.

"I have a special job for you June I want you to meet and play with the little Tigris in this Town. You can keep me informed on their well being!" Candillice said to June.

"I gotta baby sit?" June replied.

"Juniper you are too young for combat!" Rufus remarked.

"Yes and I did mention this to the Queen but she wouldn't hear any of it. She insisted June be included among the Protectors," Tafficious stated.

"We are here guys get ready for landing!" Reegan shouted as they descended into an open section in the middle of the town. It was a paved brick road that was in disrepair possibly due to Grotesques stomping all over it.

Three of the Guards exited the vehicle, they circled the landing site to make sure there were no threats. The perimeter of the town was already well guarded. But it was really the Tigris living in this town they were concerned with. They feared the people may have resentment towards the Tigris who lived inside of the wall but this was an unknown factor.

Tafficious and his Guards stepped out of the Wagon next followed by Reegan, Toido, Sam and Rufus. Candillice decided to remain in the car as her mother asked her to do so until she called for her and so Carlyle and June stayed with her.