Chapter 19 - Never Leave Me

Start from the beginning

I hear mumbling in the living room and step cautiously into the room. What I see, I don't know whether to be shocked, surprised or sad. There's Pinkie. But not really Pinkie. I mean, yes, it is Pinkie Pie, but she looks different. She sits in the shadows at the end of the orange coffee table, her mane completely straight, her pupils dilated even through she's in the dark.

A rubber duck toy, a pillow, a teacup, her toy Gummy, a flower pot and an Iron Man action figure sitting on stools around the table. Pinkie seems to ignore me as she offers a slice of cake to the flower pot. "More cake, Madame Le Flower?" She smiles at it.
She moves the pot around, saying in a fake French accent, "Oi, merci Pinkie!"
Pinkie turns to the Iron Man figure and grinning. "I must say, it is a pleasure to have you as a guest at my party, Mr Stark."
"Not a problem, miss Pie," she mumbles, doing her best impression of Robert Downey Jr. and moving the toy around. "Though I don't understand, where is your mother at this hour?"
"Well... I don't know," she replies to herself in her normal voice, "I woke up and she was gone."
"So she just left you?" Pinkie asks in a British accent, moving the teacup around with water spilling out of it.
"Oh, my mommy would never do that, Chip," she says, addressing the teacup. "... Would she?"
"Personally, I think you shouldn't talk to her ever again," she squeaks in a nasally tone, shaking the pillow.
"Yeah, she just walked out on you. She's probably never coming back," says 'Iron Man'.
"You know what, Pillowna? I'm not going to speak to her ever again. She can't just walk out on me," Pinkie exclaims.
"Good on you!" "You go, girl!" "Awesome!" "Spot on!"

"Pinkie?" I say cautiously, stepping slowly into the room.

Her eyes flick onto me. They stare at me coldly, and she leans over and shakes the pillow. "Oh, look who decided to show up," she said in its voice.

"Pinkie, I'm sorry, I had a lot of stuff going on and-" I start, but 'Iron Man' cuts me off.

"She doesn't wanna talk to you."
"No, I most certainly do not," Pinkie said, turning her nose up at me, "I'd rather stay here with my real family."

"I'm your real family," I say weakly.

"Not anymore," Pinkie makes the teacup, who is apparently named Chip, say. "You ditched her and she totally freaked out."

"We were there for her and you weren't," Pinkie makes the flowerpot say.

"Pinkie, that's enough, you're scaring me. Come on, I've got to tell you something," I beckon, but Pinkie refuses to budge.

"She's not going anywhere," 'Pillowna' says, as Pinkie throws it at me. I catch it clumsily and throw it on the ground. "Quaaack," Pinkie honks, pressing down on the rubber duck toy.

"Anything you can say to her, you can say in front of us," says 'Iron Man'.
"That is correct, Mr Stark," Pinkie smiles at the toy and nods approvingly, "You can say it in front of my fam-"

"I'm an idiot, okay?" I sigh, breathing the words out loudly. Pinkie pauses and stares at me. "I broke up with Josh. I kissed another man at BronyCon and he saw. I tried to make things up with him last night, but I couldn't and I just... went to Mark's..."

Pinkie's face falls. "Mommy... I had no idea..." she says softly, forgetting everything else that just happened.

"No, Pinkie, it's my fault. I left and I didn't tell you where I was going... I'm sorry," I whimper as my knees buckle and I lower myself to the ground, sitting cross legged on the carpet. Pinkie hesitates, before running up to be and jumping into a hug, a tear trailing down her face.

"Don't ever leave me, mommy," she cries into my shoulder.

"I never will," I reply, my voice breaking as I bite my lip to stop tears coming.

"How do I know you mean it?" she asks desperately, pulling away and locking her blue gaze with me.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly," I smile sadly, doing the actions.

"... Stick a cupcake in my eye," Pinkie finishes.

"No matter what, Pinkie... I'll always be there for you, Pinkie Promise," I say reassuringly.

Pinkie just nods and we sit there in silence. Just the two of us, with me hugging Pinkie protectively. 'Never go, Pinkie,' I think, 'Please.

Never leave me.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there, people reading!

Sayeth whaaaat? An update? But I thought this book was finished!

Ha, well it was. Is. But I thought I'd just add this in there, just to make the ending more emotional for you. Also, I thought I'd wrap things up with Brick. The asshole.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Vote.

Comment

Stay happy.

~ilovepinkiepie