Chapter 15 - Every Word

(A/N; Sooo... This chapter contains swear words and stuff. I mean, you have been warned. I normally add swear words in my chapters, but this chapter has extra swear words. Please don't be offended, as these are not direct at anyone except for the characters in the book! And I know I'm a week overdue, but don't worry! Double update today. :3 Other than that, enjoy!)

I squirt the last of the pink icing out from the piping bag and onto the cake Pinkie had baked. She and Josh were in the living room.

Josh didn't want Pinkie to go in the living room when she came because he had party decorations and stuff in there, he just hadn't put them up yet. He and Pinkie had decided to decorate the living room while I decorated the cake.

"Hey, maybe I could get my cutie mark in party planning!" I hear Pinkie exclaim.

I leave the cake on the kitchen table and head into the living room to see the decorations. "I don't doubt that," I smile, walking in.

Josh looks up from taping a light blue helium balloon to a table leg and grins his adorably crooked grin at me. Oh my gosh, his teeth are so straight! Me must've had braces in highschool or something.

I grin back and kneel down next to Pinkie, who's colouring in a large strip of white paper, which I'm assuming is a banner. She has a hot pink crayon in her mouth, colouring in the last 'e' in 'Pinkie Pie'. "Almost done!" She says through a mouthful of crayon.

"Awesome," Josh complements, gesturing towards Pinkie's drawing.

She flashes a smile and holds it up. It says 'Happy Birthday, Pinkie Pie' in many pinks, blues and yellows. "Can we tape it up over there?" She asks, pointing to above the cream coloured fireplace. Of course, there's no fire. It's spring, for god's sake!

"Sure, sure," I reply, grabbing the masking tape from the coffee table and, with some struggles because it's so big, manage to tape the banner above the fireplace.

Pinkie cheers and jumps around the lounge room. Clutter is moved to the sides of the room, a small, dark mahogany coffee table sits in the centre on a light rhubarb carpet. The room itself is a creamy white with two fancy, matching chairs and one couch. The coffee table now has three balloons taped in all four corners, two light blue, one yellow for every three. The ceiling's got pink streamers hanging from it, and helium balloons hovering underneath it, as if trying to rise higher than the ceiling would let them. Laid out on the coffee table are white disposable plates, knives and forks.

Josh takes me by surprise when he slaps a sparkly, cone shaped party hat on my head, the elastic whipping my chin a bit. I can see he's already got one on, too, a shiny blue one. With a yellow party horn in his mouth, he blows hard and it makes a loud noise, resembling to a screaming duck. He throws me a purple one from a plastic bag and Pinkie a green one. Pinkie giggles at the strange noise and I kick the radio near by foot lightly so a song comes on and we all start hopping/dancing around the room making our own music.

My face is red with laughter at how ridiculous we must look, but we're all doing it. Josh gives Pinkie a pink party hat, too, and then she starts claiming she's a unicorn.

We're all just mucking around now and playing impromptu games when eventually, I somehow remember the cake and tell Pinkie and Josh to sit at the coffee table while I go and get it.

After fumbling around in Josh's kitchen for a few minutes, I find the matches and candles and start to poke the candles into the cake. Pinkie's turning five today. Wow! Five years old.

I light the candles and carefully carry the cake across the hallway and into the living room, AKA party room. Josh has already flicked off the lights and we begin to sing the regular 'Happy Birthday' song.