Clearing his throat, he regained the consciousness of the others, eyes all on him.

"We know what we have to do," he said, his singular voice strong against the silence in the room.

Everyone seemed to look at each other with mixed emotions full of uncertainty that was met with other looks of reassurance.

They've got this, Taeyong thought happily.

He felt like he could breathe again.

"I'm sorry for waking all of you, I just felt like you all should be told what's happening. Go ahead and go back to sleep and make sure you rest well. We have a big day tomorrow," he finished dismissing the boys.

The others made their way back up the stairs, whilst Jaehyun brought himself to Taeyong's side, wrapping an arm around the older affectionately.

"You did well," he told him, looking at him with pride.

"Let's just hope I can actually go back to sleep after this," Taeyong muttered, looking at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun simply laughed, before leading the older back upstairs to their bedroom.

After Dream had made it back to their shared room, Chenle started to throw pillows at Jisung, leading to the younger whining and hiding behind Mark's back.

Donghyuck laughed loudly when one of Chenle's pillows hit Mark square in the face.

Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun walked into the room, only to see a laughing Donghyuck, a sleepy but very close to being angry Mark, a Jisung cowering behind said Mark, a giggling Chenle, and three pillows laying on the floor.

Renjun looked at the situation in a sleepy haze, until one of the stray pillows hit him in the stomach, making him flinch slightly.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to look down at what had hit him.

Confused, he looked at the pillow that lay at his feet, before slowly picking it up and proceeding to hug the comfortable cushion to his chest.

Jaemin cooed at the unexpected cuteness of the older when he was tired. But he was cut short when Renjun got out of his sleepy daze.

Eye widened, and the pillow fiercely held in his hands, he playfully glared at Chenle.

"How dare you," he said, Chinese flowing from the older.

The younger boy let out a gasp of fake fright, making Jisung look in between the two, worried for his friend.

"Chenle, what did he say?" Jisung asked, feeling anxious that a fight was going to break out.

Chenle ignored him, still looking at Renjun.

"Look how anxious Jisung is," Renjun said with a straight face, trying to prank the youngest of them all.

Chenle had never wanted to laugh so hard in his life at the priceless look of Jisung's face, but fortunately kept back the smile threatening to break through.

"He's going to fucking burst," he said, making his tone sound more rage-filled than what he was actually feeling.

Renjun nodded, pointing at the younger in a scolding manner.

"Don't curse!" he said, sounding even more angry, before he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist.

He turned to see a silent Jeno holding him back.

"How are you so fucking cute? he said, looking at the younger with his eyebrows furrowed even more.

Jeno looked at him, confused at what he was saying, and at how he was mad at him.

Just then he realized how still the others were, and how they were looking in between Chenle and himself.

Renjun and Chenle looked at each other simultaneously, before meeting eyes and bursting out in laughter.

The other's continued to look at the two, before giving even more confused looks.

"What just happened?" Donghyuck asked, sitting on the bed beside Chenle.

"Y-your guys' f-faces, oh god!" Chenle said, still laughing while holding his stomach. Jisung tossed a pillow at him, sulking that the older had pranked him.

Renjun stopped laughing until he looked back at Jeno again, who was still holding him.

Then he cackled at Jeno who looked like he was mildly concerned for the older.

"Why were you mad at me?" he asked sincerely.

Renjun had to catch his breath, Jaemin standing near the two with a light smile of amusement, waiting for Renjun's response.

"I wasn't," and that was all Renjun gave him.

Mark smiled at the Chinese boys' antics, before rounding up the boys to go back to sleep.

They were all settled, and half asleep when Renjun was poked in the cheek.

"What?" he asked, not even bothering to open his eyes.

"What did you say to me then?" he recognized Jeno's voice, feeling the younger's warm breath on the same cheek he poked.

"I'm not telling you," Renjun told him, smiling lightly.

He felt Jeno lay back onto his back heavily.

"Fine," he said, "I'll just ask Chenle."

Renjun laughed lightly.

"Yeah, Chenle isn't telling you shit."

. . . 

A/N:

hello!

so, this was, a bit, of a filler chapter :))

but I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for reading!

until next time!

started : 2019.4.3
finished : 2019.4.4