Reverse Psychology

Start from the beginning

Once he felt he was calm enough and none of his ire showed on his features, he turned back and picked up his student list and began to call attendance roll, he made note of the three added names and he almost groaned when he recognized the star Quarterback's name. He wasn't much into sports on any level, college or otherwise. But he has heard the name of the now senior student since the boy made Quarterback since he was a sophomore. There were rumors that almost every NFL recruiter was at the football games just to watch him play. Zachary Trent and privileged wouldn't be a strong enough word to describe the young man status in school. He came from an obscenely wealthy family, but it was his talent for the game that paved his way through college and not Daddy's money. And David could respect that, Hell; he was a trust fund baby as well. But he has never laid eyes on the young man until now, and he almost dropped his planner when he called out the player's name.

It was like the good Lord had taken the very image of his perfect man out of his head, packaged it all up in one perfect being, and plopped him right in front of his desk. David desperately fought the urge to close his eyes and sink into the shadows of the room. He furiously willed his face not to turn bright red in with awareness. He quickly nodded his head and ticked off the name on his list and quickly turned back to his desk. He drew a calming breath and refused to make eye contact with the gorgeous green eyed student. He is a student, get your shit together. He repeated in head before turning back around to face his class. He started handing out stacks of papers when he made it to the football player he tried his best not to get flustered, but bold as day when David handed over the papers Zachary deliberately let his huge fingers brush against his, and David almost dropped the documents on the man's desk in his haste to get away from the tingling warmth of his wayward students touch.

He quickly moved on and waited until everyone had a copy of the class schedule and the excess was returned to his desk by none other than the Zachary himself. David's breath hitched in his chest as the young man eased his muscular frame from behind the desk where he was seated. Zachary stood up with the papers in his hand and a knowing little smirk on his lips. His long legs carried him the short distance to his where he stood perched on the front of his desk. Zachary was almost twice his size in height and width, the man must have stood at least 6'5 or taller and the width of his shoulders should be outlawed. David politely thanked the young man and he was so proud that his voice came out unaffected and as calm as he usually kept his tone with his students.

By the time he went over introductions with each and every student, and went through his syllabus point for point the class was over, and he was never more delighted that he didn't have another one today until late afternoon. That gave him free time to plan for his next class and hang out in his office away from the remainder of the staff and students. He would use this time to meditate and refocus on the fact that he was a Faculty member, and the brown haired, green eyed God was strictly off limits. The students were quickly filing out of the room and there were a lot of mumbled, "See you tomorrow Professor." He smiled and waved them off. When the last person was out of the room, he began to stuff his planner and his papers into his satchel. The rooms weren't locked during school hours and he hated to think that students would be unscrupulous enough raid their teacher's desks but it has been known to happen. So, he carried his things with him and kept his exams and such in his locked office.

David made his way out of his classroom and went to turn the corner when he bumped into what felt like a brick wall. He dropped his satchel and his umbrella and his hands flew up to his burning nose. His eyes watered from the pain, but they went wide as he realized that the wall was moving and covered with a blue zip up hoodie jacket with the schools logo on the left breast. The same jacket Zachary had been sporting in his class. And he actually groaned as he looked up into the man's concerned emerald orbs.