Chapter 18

New chapter has been written!! I have finished rewriting the previous chapters and think the story is alright so far but I wanna know what you guys think. Are there any chapters you don't like? And what do you like about the story so far, assuming you like the story which I hope you do XD anyway feedback is very appreciated. Enjoy!

=========================================================

Sasori's POV

I watched as Manami walked ahead of me talking to her new partner and I began to feel a wierd feeling. It was like anger but I had no need to be angry at Uragiri as he hadn't done anything wrong. Maybe it was because I didn't trust him but I hated it when Manami was so close to him.

"Jealous Danna, un?" Deidara whispered to me so the others couldn't hear. I turned my attention to him and glared at him which caused him to smirk.

"No. I just don't trust him." I replied regaining my calm exterior and he chuckled at my response.

"Sure you don't." he said sarcastically and I ignored him.

Was I jealous? Is that the reason I didn't trust him? It doesn't matter I suppose. I only have a week left of this and then I can return to being able to think clearly without Manami cluttering my thoughts.

Emotions are truely pathetic things. I shouldn't feel any of them that's why I turned myself into a puppet, yet I still feel the emptiness that I have had for as long as I can remember and nothing makes that feeling go away; nothing except Manami. Stop it Sasori, you don't need these troublesome thoughts, concentrate on the mission.

"Is everything alright Sasori?" Manami asked snapping me out of my daze. I looked over to her direction and noticed the concern she held in her eyes.

"Everything's fine." I simply replied and she smiled slightly and nodded.

"The village is just up ahead. We should rest here for a while and use the cover of night to sneak into the village without being noticed." I told them all and they nodded and set down their things. I watched as Deidara and Uragiri left to find firewood and food.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled to Manami when the other two were definitely gone.

"huh? Sasori, I'm not mad at you. It's not your fault that I was assigned a new partner, it was going to happen sooner or later... I just wish it was later rather than so soon though." she mumbled the last part.

"Besides, I'm just glad I got rid of Akumu she really was a bitch." she complained and I chuckled slightly.

"You never really got along with other females though." I smirked and she shrugged.

"Other females were backstabbing and bitchy. Who would want to hang around with that?" she asked laughing and I smiled. That laugh...

"What?" she queried and I shook my head realising I must have been staring at her.

"It's nothing." I replied and she kissed my cheek before getting up.

"I'm going to see what the others are doing." she told me and I nodded watching her walk away.

I put my hand to my cheek and sat in silence at what just happened. I knew that by now I would be a deep red if I were still human that is.

Manami's POV

I walked through the forest trying to find the other two idiots and jumped when I felt something cold cover me. I heard the two morons laughing above me and I realised they had just threw water all over me.

"What the hell was that for?!" I asked slightly annoyed and they laughed harder. "Well I'm glad you two are getting along so well, maybe you should be partners instead!" I exclaimed becoming more annoyed each minute.

"Oh come on lighten up Manami!" Uragiri said as he shoved my elbow and I would have smacked him if I didn't have an amazing idea.

"You know what, your right I apologise" I said and the two of them stiffened.

"Is it just me or is she taking this too well, un?" Deidara asked Uragiri.

"She's definitely taking this too well" Uragiri replied fear evident in both their eyes and I chuckled before smirking at them.

"You don't trust me?" I questioned them.

"What do you think?" They both asked in unison and I burst out laughing.

"I guess you are right not to trust me when I didn't tell you that a dog has ran off with your food" I burst into fits of laughter when the two turned around and saw a pack of wolves running off with the deer they had managed to catch.

"Oh come on! That's no fair we caught that!" Uragiri complained and Dediara just collapsed to the ground with a sorrowful look.

"Damn it Manami we are both so hungry, un!" Deidara groaned and my laughing died down.

"Well you were the ones that soaked me" I shrugged and they glared daggers at me.

"Oh come on lighten up guys!" I mocked and giggled when they looked like they were going to kill me or burst into tears because of hunger; I couldn't tell which would happen first. "Relax, I have food for you, I'm not that evil!" I told them and there eyes lit up.

"Here catch!" I said throwing them both packs of sushi that I had bought in the last town. "Not as good as deer but it's something"

"You had these the whole time and didn't tell us!" Uragiri quizzed me seeming a little pissed off. "We have been put here for hours searching for some damn food and you had these the whole time?"

"I wanted to see how skilful you two were" I explained and burst out laughing at their priceless expressions. " I'm kidding! I only remembered about them now so I came out here to find you and give them to you" I smiled and they both muttered thank you before digging into their sushi.

"So how do you guys know each other anyway, un?" Deidara asked with a mouthful of food and I smirked at him rolling my eyes.

"Well as you know Sasori and I were part of the ninja army in the Third Shinobi War. Well I ended up being captured and Uragiri over here saved my life and helped me escape. He is technically my Fiancée" I informed Deidara who nearly choked on his food.

"He was your what?" Deidara spluttered.

"He IS my Fiancée" I repeated and Deidara stared at me for a while before speaking up again.

"So are you two getting married then?" He asked but before I could reply Uragiri answered.

"Yes after we catch our tailed beasts I am going to marry her in my old village." He said walking up to me and kissing me before turning to face Deidara again.

"But aren't you guys rogue ninja?" He questioned and Uragiri chuckled.

"My village is made up of rogue ninja like Manami and I" he informed him and Deidara nodded becoming a little speechless while I stood feeling a little upset.

We started to head back to camp and I couldn't stop thinking about Sasori. I knew I loved Uragiri once upon a time but that was in the past; after all I thought he had died. I suppose it's best for Sasori if I marry Uragiri and move on. I mean Sasori clearly isn't interested and I can't stay with him when I know he will never love me back, it's just too painful.

When we arrived back at camp I sat down by the cliff to look at the view and Uragiri joined me, wrapping his arms around me.