Chapter 20

Manami's POV

I groaned in pain when I woke up and sat up slowly to try and stop the room from spinning. When my dizziness vanished I looked around and noticed we were in a cave hidden underground. I could hear water running in a small stream nearby and the only source of light was a small oil lamp in the middle of the floor.

"So you are finally up" I heard someone say from the corner of the cave and I jumped but relaxed when I noticed it was just Uragiri.

"What happened?" I questioned him and he got up and walked towards me.

"We were ambushed by a bunch of ANBU" he replied and I felt my heart race.

"What about the others, are they okay?" I asked anxiously and he shook his head at me.

"I don't know what happened to them I haven't seen them since you did" he replied and I nodded feeling more worried about Deidara and Sasori.

I soon relaxed when I looked around the cave more and felt at home. I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew this place somehow and It seemed very familiar.

"Have we been here before?" I questioned Uragiri and he looked at me confused.

"I don't think so... Have you?" He answered and I looked around slowly again.

"I think I was here before but that's impossible, as far as I know I have never been in this land before" I told him and he smiled at me holding out his hand.

"Well we need to find a way out of here so why don't we take a look around?" I grabbed his hand and nodded while he lifted me up. "Well you say you know this place so where do you think we should look?"

"I'm not sure but something tells me we should go this way" I replied and he grinned and took my hand in his.

"Lead the way Manami"

Sasori's POV

Manami and Uragiri still haven't come back. I wonder what happened? We should go to look for them but the sun is setting and we don't have much time left.

"They are taking a long time, un" Deidara stated what I was thinking and I nodded in response. "Should we go look for them?" He suggested and I looked back at the sky.

We should have about half an hour or so left so I suppose it should be alright if we look for a while. I sighed and stood up answering Deidara's question as he followed behind me. We walked in the direction that Deidara and Uragiri went to get food as Deidara had said Uragiri had found a place he wanted to show Manami.

"They aren't here, un" Deidara stated the obvious and I rolled my eyes but stopped when something caught my eye. I walked over to it and knelt down to see what it was and felt very uneasy when I saw it. "What is it?" Deidara asked me and I stood up with a picture of Manami and I smiling when we were kids.

"It's a picture of Manami and I." I looked around and noticed two sets of footsteps but one set stopped while the other kept going. "Some thing isn't right" I mumbled.

"So what are we doing, un?" Deidara asked me and I thought hard about it.

"We continue without them" I told Deidara and I turned to see the shock in his eyes.

"What? But I thought..."

"Enough! If we don't finish the mission we are as good as dead" I interrupted him but he continued to argue.

"I know leader sama won't be happy but what if Manami is in trouble? Aren't you worried?"

I balled my fists up and grit my teeth. Manami can take care of herself but still she could be in trouble. Damn it what do I do?