« 𝚌𝚊𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 »

Start from the beginning

chaeyoung started humming a familiar tune, eyes closed and head leaning on the car door. jimin couldn't help but look at her from the corner of his eyes, seeing her pretty face unbothered by the rest of the world.

"i wanna be where the people are
i wanna see, wanna see them dancin'
walking around on those - what do you call 'em?
oh - feet!" she softly sang.

"you like disney movies?" jimin asked after realising she sang a few lines from 'part of your world' from the little mermaid.

"o-oh! you heard that?" her eyes snapped open, looking at him with a bewildered expression. "and, to answer your, uh, question, yeah."

"you've got a really attractive voice," he complimented, eyes on the road but mind somewhere else.

"thank you," she blushed and looked away. "ah, crap!"

"what happened?" he rose an eyebrow.

"i forgot to text my brother!" she smacked her head, searching her bag for her phone. chaeyoung dialled his number, anxiously waiting for him to pick up

"chaeyoung!" his loud voice practically screech at her through the speaker and she winced.

"chanyeol oppa!" she replied back, voice quieter than his but with the same ferocity. "i'm on my way home."

"oh my god, where were you? i was so worried!" he groaned into the phone.

"i'm on my way home, the mechanic's son is driving back. my car broke down." she awkwardly smiled to herself.

"chaeyoung, you're a mess." he sighed into the phone.

"i know, i know. i've eaten, by the way."

"good," came his response. "just get home safely, alright?"

"yeah." she nodded. "i'll see you later."

she hung up, her phone going back into her bag.

"your brother sounds nice," jimin snickered.

"too nice," she sarcastically replied.

"well, we're almost at your place so brighten up a bit." he gestured to the gps and she looked over, smiling once she saw that they were less than 5 minutes away.

"thank you, again." chaeyoung looked at him with the smile etched to her face.

"it's no problem, really. it's not everyday i get to meet a pretty girl like you."

her eyes widened and she placed her hand over her mouth, averting her gaze to the houses passing by. once she saw the familiar house of hers, she sighed contently.

"uh, here's my number, if you want it that is." she fumbled with her phone but managed to get her number out, showing him the digits.

"i'll take them," he took his phone and added them in, labelling her as 'cutie'.

"thank you, again!" she quickly got out, waving him bye. "drive home safely!"

before he could reply, she closed the door and skipped up the stairs of the house, a tall male greeting her at the door. jimin shook his head and laughed to himself at the girl, typing his address into the gps to find his way back home.