Chapter 10

October 31st 2018 (Halloween)

                                                                                           Reign

I woke up panting and realized I was in my bed. 

Was this all a bad dream?

Then I realized I'm in my room at my mom's house. I must have made it home last night and pasted out. 

So, I really did leave Oscar. I started crying hard and my phone started ringing.

Monse....

I picked the phone up drying my tears.

" Hey, Monse" I said my voice sounding nasally.

" Hey what's wrong, Hermana?" She asked making me cry.

I had a lot to tell, so I told her everything, from moving in to yesterday.

" Damn, that's fucked up, sis." She said 

" I know, right?" I said sniffing 

" Hey, why don't you come trick or treating with the fam?" She asked 

I sighed " I don't know."

" Please, Ruby is going to try flirting with Olivia, Cesar and I are in a weird place right now, and you know Jamal doesn't want to third wheel." She pleaded 

" Fine.." I said giving in 

"Thanks, Hermana." She said

I grunted in response and hung up.

-----------

I was ready, I went for a 90's look, because I'm just doing this for Monse.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a note.

I'm taking Parker Trick or Treating, love you- Mom

I smiled, she's clean...

I drove over to Ruby's Aubela's house.

Jamal looked at me sorry, I smiled at him.

Cesar stared at me for a minute and then smiled and waved.

" Hola, Mi Familia." I said I hugged Abuela.

" Mi Hermosa ángel, Its good to see you!" She said smiling 

I laughed slightly and I couldn't smile.

Abuela frowned.

" What's wrong, mija?" She said cupping my face

A tear escaped my eye " Mi Corazon." I mumbled 

She faced me to her, and hugged me.

I tried not to cry for the sake of my makeup. 

" Abuela is always here for you.." She whispered I nodded and let go. 

We all walked into the car and it was awfully quiet, like awkward quiet.

So I started a conversation with Jamal, " This is taking forever." I complained groaning

He nodded and looked at me " Hey, I'm sorry about blurting out  your business." He said looking sad

I shook my head and laughed " It's fine Jamal." 

We arrived at Brentwood and I was used to the buildings since my Tio, Alejandro lives here.

We spilt into these exact groups, Me, Cesar, Olivia and Rudy, then there was Jamal and Monse.

My group and I went to crash some White House party and got in easily.

Ruby looked at me " Cesar  is totally stealing my girl, this was my night." 

Suddenly I heard yelling and then Olivia poured some drink on a guy pretending to be a chulo. 

Which made  me slightly angry that he thinks  we're a joke. Then he walked angrily up to Olivia and Ceasar stepped in.

I tapped him and he turned around. I looked him dead in his eyes and stepped on his foot, HARD.

He's lucky I didn't punch him. He kicked us out and tried to act all tough.

" It's fine guys I have someone coming." Cesar said as Olivia dragged him away for a bit and he came back.

I felt tension, but I ignored it. Then a red car pulled up, oh no, Oscar. 

He walked straight up to the boy and wiped his teardrop off and tried to do the same to his, but of course it was real. 

" This shits real

" This shits real..." He glanced at me and stared a bit but then focused back on the boy.

Who I swear peed his pants...he shook and said " What do you want from me?"

Long ride home and we had a ginormous bag of candy.

I didn't move or talk as Oscar drove us home and he looked at me occasionally through the car mirror.

I took my portion of candy and started to walk home. 

" Get in the car." A familiar voice whispered. I looked, it was him...

I did and he drove me home, none of us said nothing to each other. 

Complete Silence.....

Then after got home,I tucked Parker in and went to sleep.