Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"Okay.. I think these baby hormones are really starting to hit me now." She jokes as she wipes her eyes, clearing away any stray tears. I snort.

"You don't say?" I giggle as she sends me a playful glare.

"Shut up." she laughs. "Well, I gotta go. I have to meet up with Brent. We have a check up with the doc for the baby and if I'm late again I won't hear the end of it from either of them." I chuckle at the half frightened, half annoyed look on her face.

"Okay, I'll see ya letter Jenna." She nods and waves to Jackson as she exits the room, softly closing the door behind her.

"Well then.." I start as I walk into the bathroom and set Jack down on the counter top of the sink. "What do you wanna do today little man?" He shrugs his shoulders as I reach around him and grab my tooth brush and toothpaste.

"Dunno?" I question before sticking the brush in my mouth.

"No. We was going to learn new words for the vo--vo-vocaburarry test but Alpha can-canceled school."

I bite my tongue to stop from giggling at his adorable use of words. I know he's self conscious about it and I don't want to discourage him. The last thing I want is for him to become mute again. Spitting the frothy foam into the sink I look up at him.

"Vo. Cab. U. Lary." I sound the word out and watch as he mouths is out. testing it silently before trying to pronounce it.

"Vo-Vocab. Vocabulary?" He says, sounding more like hes asking a question. I nod as I finish brushing my tongue, spit out the contents of my mouth before rinsing with water and spitting.

"Yes, very good!" I smile and hold my hand up for a high-five. Jackson slaps his little hand to mine and grins back, his little chest seeming to puffing out with pride. Reaching out, I slide my hands under his arms and help him off the counter. With his hand in mine, I take him back out into the bedroom.

"Okay bug, I'm gonna get dress and then we can go find something to do okay?" He nods, releasing my hand and jumping up onto the bed, kicking his legs back and forth. Smiling once again I go into the closet, closing the door behind me before rummaging through the selection of clothes. After putting on a matching bra and pantie set I look through the shirts. Finding a comfy looking and slightly over-sized long sleeve black shirt, I slip it on along with a pair of my favorite jeans. They are tight but still comfortable, small patches of rips from wear and tear are on the knees. I grab a pair of socks before leaving the closet, Jackson is up and jumping around on the giant bed like its a trampoline. I giggle watching as his hair flops around and sit down on the edge of the bed to put my socks on.

"Ready?" I ask, holding my hand out to him once my socks are on and I stand up. Surprising me, he runs full force at me before launching himself straight at my slightly turned body. Reacting quickly, I turn opening my arms and catch him. He giggles as I make a 'oof' sound. I playfully narrow my eyes at him and pinch his cheek lightly causing him to swat my hand away with a small growl. It sounded more like a kitten than a werewolf, it was so freaking cute. I chuckle at him while walking out the room, closing the door behind me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey bug, I gotta go for now but I'll be back later to pick you up before diner kay?" I say as I get up from my spot on the floor. After a quick breakfast of waffles Jackson and I went into the play room to draw and color. Laying down on our stomachs, him drawing on plain white paper while I opted for one of the Disney coloring books. It had been over an hour since we started coloring and I was getting links from Dominic. He wanted to me to come to the office to finish the talk with Al. Himself, Zane and Peyton had already been grilling the man since before sun up. Jackson nods as he continues to draw, from the looks of it he's drawing a pack of wolves. I smile as I look over the drawing, it's pretty good for being done by a six year old with dull crayons.