CHAPTER 20: A Message I Wish Would Reach You

What do you do? Rainan stares at a piece of broken mirror he’s been keeping in his desk since early April. “You look like an ordinary mirror to me, what did my sister find so special with you?” he talks to the piece mirror. “You, know what, I should blame you for everything that my sister is going through. She’s been crying a lot because of you.”

“Rainan who are you talking to?” their mother asks from outside his room.

“No one Mom, just reading out loud.” Rainan answers.

“You suck!” Rainan tells the mirror then shoves it back to his drawer. Why did I even keep that broken mirror? Sis, will probably get mad at me if she ever found out I kept a piece of that broken mirror. He thinks before exiting his room to go to dinner.

---oOo---

 “Leah, can you go with me to the mall on Friday?” Amani asks her best friend, as they were both getting ready for school.

“Why? It was your birthday last Sunday and you wanted to sulk in this room, now you want to go to the mall on Friday?” Cathleah answers her as she brushed her hair.

“I want to buy something.”

“What?”

“A gift.” Amani replies without looking at her best friend.

“For whom?”

“Someone.” She vaguely answers.

“Someone?”

“Yes.”

“You’re buying a gift for Kunimitsu aren’t you?” Cathleah asked realizing what her best friend was planning to do.

“Yes.”

“Ami, why? You’re not even going to be able to give it to him.” Cathleah protested.

“But it’s his birthday on Monday.” Amani reasoned out.

“So? He’s not even going to get the gift your buying, why waste money?” Cathleah asked.

“I’m not wasting money; I’m buying my boyfriend a gift.” Amani defended.

“A boyfriend that you don’t even know how to get in-touch with, much more send a gift to.” Cathleah explained.

“But I still want to.” Amani insisted stubbornly.

“Fine.” Cathleah giving up on the discussion.

---oOo---

“Guten morgen.” Adalheid greeted Kunimitsu as she had been waiting for the boy to pass by the corridor to their classroom.