CHAPTER TWELVE: Your Name is Too Long

"What do you want for your birthday Kunimitsu?" Amani asked as she was getting ready for school and Kunimitsu was just about to leave his room.

"Shirimasen…" Kunimitsu thought for a while before continuing his sentence, "I guess having you to celebrate with, is enough for me." Then exits his room with a smile

"Oh…" Amani was left behind hanging since Kunimitsu already left, "…Okay."

"Ohayou, Kunimitsu." Tezuka Ayana greeted her son.

"Ohayou, okaa-san." Kunimitsu bowed as he assisted his mother in carrying the laundry bin.

"You are always happy I noticed." Ayana teasingly commented to her son.

"What do you mean okaa-san?" Kunimitsu inquired trying his best to look innocent.

"Don't give me that look, I know you better than anyone Kunimitsu; even when you have that face on all the time." She answered making Kunimitsu frown.

"What's wrong with my face?"

"Nothing, you got that personality from your grandfather." Ayana continued.

"Okaa-san, can I ask you a question?" Kunimitsu shyly inquired.

"You can ask me anything son." Ayana assured his son as he grabs the laundry bin from him and sets up the wash.

"How did otou-san tell you that he loved you?" Kunimitsu's cheek was tinted pink and was still uneasy about the conversation.

Ayana chuckled and patted Kunimitsu on the head like a little kid "Does my Kunimitsu like someone?"

"Okaa-san…" Kunimitsu complained and brushed his hair back.

"Well, your father was very sweet even before; he was much like you, dedicated and focused on his dreams. No one actually believed him among his friends that he was capable of liking anyone." Ayana smiled as she remembers how Tezuka Kuniharu proposed to her.

"Well, I better go now okaa-san, we have morning practice." Kunimitsu tried to avoid any further interrogation from his mother.

"Are you not going to eat breakfast Kunimitsu?" his mother called out.

"I picked something from the kitchen okaa-san; I shall eat it in school then." Kunimitsu bowed at his mother as his steps carried me fast to avoid any other questions being that his mother had that 'Oh my son is a big boy now' look in her face.

"Why did Kunimitsu leave in a hurry?" Tezuka Kunihara asked his wife.

"Trying to avoid my nosiness." Ayana answered her husband before leading him to the table to eat.

-oOo-

"Ami!" a male voice called out while Amani was busy thinking of the perfect birthday gift for Kunimitsu.

"What does a tennis player need?" she thought out loud.

"A tennis racket and a ball?" Timothy answered thinking the question was addressed to him.

"What?" Amani answered.

"You asked what a tennis player would need. So I answered a tennis racket and a ball." Timothy smiled still completely unaware that he was intruding Amani's thoughts.

"Oh. Oh that! No I'm sorry, must have been thinking out loud again." Amani apologetically explained to Timothy.

Timothy chuckled before answering, "Please don't tell me your day dreaming again."

"I was not, I was just thinking of a perfect gift for someone." Amani answered her eyes twinkling.

"Someone special maybe?" Timothy's face suddenly became gloomy.