Chapter Three: CHERRY BLOSSOMS

Kunimitsu rushed to his room after helping his mother clean up after dinner. "Kunimistu, what is your hurry?" his father asked.

"Gomennasai. I need to finish something important." He politely bowed waiting for his father to give him permission to leave.

"Alright then, you may leave." His father stated matter-of-factly

"Arigato." Kunimitsu bowed once more before finally rushing up the stairs. I wonder if she's there. He thought in his mind, still confused on why he was excited to see her, being that they only met a few minutes ago.

Kunimitsu opened the door to his room and turned the lights on. He scanned at the mirror but he could only see a sky blue room, there was no one there. The room is here, so I was not dreaming. But where is she? She must still be eating. I'll wait for her. Kunimitsu fixed himself up, brushed his teeth, and washed his face before finally getting into his purple pyjamas. Then he sat at the edge of his bed trying hard to concentrate on the application forms of first year students wanting to join the Tennis Club. But he couldn't help but glance at the mirror hoping she would be back soon.

-oOo-

"I'll clean up Sis." Rainan offered to his sister.

"Are you sure?" Amani hesitantly asked her brother, who don't usually wash up after meals.

"Yes, you seem out there somewhere. Is something bothering you?" Rainan seemed genuinely concerned for his sister.

"I'm perfectly fine Rai. Just…excited." She answered with a smirk

Excited? Her brother asked in his mind What was she excited about?

"The table's clean, you just need to do the dishes, don't forget to prepare the table just in case our parents want to eat when they get home. And cover the food properly." Amani started to walk out the dining room "Rai…"

"Yes sis?" Rainan answered without raising his head from the sink.

"Thank you."

It wasn't weird for Amani to thank her brother, truth be told she was a very gentle and loving sister. But Rainan knew there was something about her sister tonight that was just particularly happy. Rainan smiled as he washed the plates and just thought happy thought of why his sister was particularly happy that night.

Amani went up to her room and went straight to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She saw a reflection of a man sitting on the edge of the bed from the mirror. His back was turned, so she entered the bathroom to freshen up before going to speak to this peculiar friend of hers.

-oOo-

Kunimitsu heard a door shut causing him to stand from the edge of his bed to look at the mirror. She's still not back. But I swore I heard a door shut. Kunimitsu stared intently at the sky blue room reflected on the mirror. Until a door opened and a girl in brown pyjamas walked out.

"Oi!" he called out, not really sure if that was a proper way to address her.

"Hi!" the girl in the brown pyjamas replied with a smile.

"H-Hi!" Kunimitsu replied. And then there was silence.

"Cherry Blossoms!" Amani shouted almost pressing her face to the mirror.

"What?" Kunimitsu asked, clueless of what she meant.

"Cherry Blossoms!" she pointed at the pretty pink flowers outside Kunimitsu's window.

"Yes. The cherry trees usually blossom this time of year." He explained. "Do you like cherry blossoms?"

"I think their beautiful." Amani looked even more intently at the pretty flowers swaying in the wind outside Kunimitsu's window.