Let's Get This Party Started

Tomorrow's Mikayla's birthday party. I wonder what I should get her.

I decided to go to the mall after school. Since my parents weren't gonna be home until tonight, I decided to stay there until 7pm. I really needed to think of what to get her.

I should know! I mean, I know my best friend. And she sure as hell loves One Direction. Maybe I should get her a poster or their "Up All Night" album. Nah, I think having them at her house is probably the best One Direction gift she already got. I decided to just get her something original. So I drove back home.

*** ABBY'S HOUSE ***

Since Mikayla and I have been best friends ever since we met in 1st grade, we've taken alot of pictures together. I went upstairs and got an old shoebox. I decorated it, so it wasn't a regular Converse shoebox. I decorated it with a "Happy Birthday Mikayla ! xx " on the top opening of the box. And then, I put "Best Friends Forever" On the front of the shoebox. It look pretty nice. I opened the box, and decided what to put.

I started with pictures. I went up into the attic and found an old box filled with old pictures. I looked through them and probably found like 34 photos of me and Mikayla ever since 1st grade. Some had been from when we went trick or treating around my neighborhood, and then, things changed in 7th grade. She started gaining popularity, and left me hanging. And no, she did not leave me for the popularity. We were still best friends, but there would still be times where we would get interrupted by her other popular friends. After I was done looking through the pictures, I went downstairs and looked at the old letters we used to give to each other. There, I found an old worksheet from school. We used to be partners and we had to interview each other, naming our favorite things, how many siblings we had, and all that stuff. I read through it, and decided to put all her favorite things into the box.

She LOVED Sour Patch Kids and gummy bears. So I drove to the store and bought some. I put it in the box and put in our best friend's bracelet. I decided to write her a letter.

Dear Mikayla,

You're the bestest friend ever. I could trust you with anything, and you're like family to me. Even though we're two different people in school, our past is like we're unbiological sisters. Nothing can ever come between our friendship even if it's that bad. I love you so much, and any guy would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend. Happy birthday best friend ! xx

                                                                                                  Love,

                                                                                                  Abigail Gomez

It was a really short letter, and it was 7:45pm already. I decided to get ready for bed since it takes me a while, and I needed to think of what to wear at her party. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I wore my batman tank top and my grey sweats. I felt so comfortable. Now I had to decide what to wear. I went to my closet and started looking. Well, the party was going to start at night, so I should wear something nice. I decided to wear my blue tied front tank, khaki skinnies, and black flats. I reminded myself to get ready at 3pm so I could go early to the party and help out Mikayla set up for the party. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.